• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Draft Thread

So how do we feel about this draft?

Not sure how i feel about the Durzi pick. Though if we drafted him last year and he produced the way he did d+1 we'd be pretty happy about it. Addison going 1 pick later kinda stings.

In Dubas we trust.

So how do we feel about this draft?

Not sure how i feel about the Durzi pick. Though if we drafted him last year and he produced the way he did d+1 we'd be pretty happy about it. Addison going 1 pick later kinda stings.

In Dubas we trust.

I don't know much about the players themselves, but I like the attributes they are drafting.

What is this shit? Dubas drafting another overager and another from the Soo? Its a bit suspicious no?

Screen-Shot-2018-06-06-at-9.48.55-AM.jpg

Comparison to Sandin

I don't have a problem with drafting overages. They tend to be undervalued in the draft.

That said both guys were at development camp last year. Have to think Dubas would have already signed them if it was up to him.

It will be interesting to see who they invite this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has clearly been a shift in drafting philosophy though. Every single pick is small, skilled and smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing's clear - anyone who ever says the "GM doesn't really control the draft' is wrong.

Suspicious?

I don't know. Maybe i'm a bit disappointed a the moment with some of the "names" but it seems suspicious to me to see a rookie GM from the Soo go out and draft an overage midget from the Soo. The 4th round is the right place to take risks but a 5'9 overage dman seems like a waste.

I hope Dubas is right.

From Pronman

Semyon Der-Arguchintsev: Der-Arguchintsev can make high-skill plays, showing high-end hands and ability to create space. He’s one of the best playmakers in the class, who can flash elite vision, is very patient and looks to make plays to his teammates. He plays with pace, able to make tough plays at full speed and buzz around the zone. He has a lot of growing to do, though. He skates fine, but he’s not as explosive a skater as you’d like for his size, and he has to bulk up a ton, as his physical game at the moment is quite poor. I don’t think he has a ton of fans in the NHL, and I could see him slide to the mid to late rounds.

Yeah, I'm loving the SDA pick. He doesn't turn 18 until the middle of september, barely made it into this draft class at all and had a decent pre draft season for any 3rd round forward. The kid is basically a year ahead of thing developmentally already, and all speed/skill.

Back