Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: New Goal Celebration Song

  1. #1
    3rd Liner HockeyPat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Section 101
    Posts
    416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New Goal Celebration Song

    I can't believe this incredibly important news has not been analyzed here.

    I hate the one we've used lately. I keep expecting those guys from SNL to pop up and start head bobbing. Very lame.

    I liked the one that had Blur, Chewbacca, Fred Flinstone, Homer Simpson, et el.

    At least play something that doesn't sound like a My Little Pony theme song.

    I suggest Animal by W.A.S.P.
    6accdae13eff7i3l9n4o4qrr4s8t12vx

  2. #2
    Mod Squad jeffbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    With my tastes, I'm not bothering with this. Just use a decent recording of Brass Bonanza and be done with it.

  3. #3
    1st Liner Pucking Lamplighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hillsborough
    Posts
    1,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    With my tastes, I'm not bothering with this. Just use a decent recording of Brass Bonanza and be done with it.
    I'm not down with the Brass Bonanza renaissance at all. That tune belonged to the Whalers. We should leave it with them. I appreciate the roots of the organization, but let's move on. I haven't considered which direction to go, but I believe new ownership deserves new tunes to celebrate the change. Maybe leave it up to the players? Just how I see it.

    Jim
    There's a goat in the garden!

  4. #4
    3rd Liner HockeyPat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Section 101
    Posts
    416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    The way the ex-Whaler fans treated me when the Canes first came to town made me not want any part of the Hartford history.

    Screw them. We are the Hurricanes and we came into being in 1998.
    6accdae13eff7i3l9n4o4qrr4s8t12vx

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Get Ariel Down to create a new one.
    They did Hurricane Warning.

  6. #6
    Canes Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9,164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Wasn't Brass Bonanza the entrance song and not a goal song?

  7. #7
    Mod Squad jeffbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Fine ... Rock You Like a Hurricane it is then.

    So long as it's not something completely dopey, I'm good. Personally, I'd go ask season ticket holder and Superchunk frontman Mac MacCaughan to pick something.

  8. #8
    1st Liner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked Out
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Okay, this may show me to be a Superchunk neophyte, but we as a fan base have been "Digging for Something" for a while....maybe mix that sucker up a bit

  9. #9
    3rd Liner NoMich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    No brainer. Make it John Cage's "4' 33""

  10. #10
    Mod Squad jeffbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Quote Originally Posted by Boardwork View Post
    Okay, this may show me to be a Superchunk neophyte, but we as a fan base have been "Digging for Something" for a while....maybe mix that sucker up a bit
    "Break the Glass" off of their new one would work for me ... but again, I'd settle for any number of punk or proto-punk athems that 90% of our crowd would do nothing but complain about. Which is why these things end up being generic in the first place.

    Wait. I've got it ... "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire. I've hardly ever heard anybody hate on that song.

  11. #11
    1st Liner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked Out
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    "Break the Glass" off of their new one would work for me ... but again, I'd settle for any number of punk or proto-punk athems that 90% of our crowd would do nothing but complain about. Which is why these things end up being generic in the first place.

    Wait. I've got it ... "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire. I've hardly ever heard anybody hate on that song.
    We'd need that to be the goal song when the opposition scores.

    I'd go for Spirraling by Keane myself

  12. #12
    3rd Liner Punzil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fitchburg, Ma
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Anything's better than the "This is Hockey" song.

  13. #13
    Legend cmaleski2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wake County v2
    Posts
    6,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    I had nothing to offer to this, I'm sure I will hate all of the options for round 2, but I will be voting for the one I can tolerate the most.

    More important than the new goal song, which one of the full season ticket members here are going to bury the 'Shoot for your seats' shot and get their tickets for free (or 10k worth of them for free?) Someone needs to cash in on this!

  14. #14
    Canes Moderator brassbonanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Brass Bonanza is ripe for a make over. Re-record it and try to get that middle bit in with the french horn flourish. A very under utilized part of the tune IMO.

  15. #15
    Mod Squad jeffbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaleski2 View Post
    I had nothing to offer to this, I'm sure I will hate all of the options for round 2, but I will be voting for the one I can tolerate the most.

    More important than the new goal song, which one of the full season ticket members here are going to bury the 'Shoot for your seats' shot and get their tickets for free (or 10k worth of them for free?) Someone needs to cash in on this!
    I'm signed up, but I haven't done much more than have the odd whip-around in the driveway with a ball since my shoulder went south on me three years ago. Blind luck is Plans A, B and C.

  16. #16
    Super-Star ThinIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    For some reason, I'm pushing for the Romantics "What I like about you" - hard rocking and who doesn't like it when we score a goal?

  17. #17
    All-Star SlapShots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    I'm thinking Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" should be the new goal song. Edgy, good riff and simple beat. the lyrics might not make for family night, but its a good song.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=lust...w=1536&bih=734

    Without lyrics-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBU3pzy7is
    Last edited by SlapShots; 06-12-2018 at 05:26 PM.

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer LJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShots View Post
    I'm thinking Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" should be the new goal song. Edgy, good riff and simple beat. the lyrics might not make for family night, but its a good song.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=lust...w=1536&bih=734

    Without lyrics-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBU3pzy7is
    Get Johnny to do a little strip tease after each goal?
    Keep Music Evil

  19. #19
    Mod Squad jeffbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShots View Post
    I'm thinking Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" should be the new goal song. Edgy, good riff and simple beat. the lyrics might not make for family night, but its a good song.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=lust...w=1536&bih=734

    Without lyrics-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBU3pzy7is
    Considering Royal Caribbean Cruise Line used it for a national ad campaign for like 5 years without incident, I doubt anybody's going to complain about the lyrics.

  20. #20
    All-Star SlapShots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Goal Celebration Song

    oops! Now that you mention it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •