• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Goal Celebration Song

HockeyPat

I can't believe this incredibly important news has not been analyzed here.

I hate the one we've used lately. I keep expecting those guys from SNL to pop up and start head bobbing. Very lame.

I liked the one that had Blur, Chewbacca, Fred Flinstone, Homer Simpson, et el.

At least play something that doesn't sound like a My Little Pony theme song.

I suggest Animal by W.A.S.P.

With my tastes, I'm not bothering with this. Just use a decent recording of Brass Bonanza and be done with it.

With my tastes, I'm not bothering with this. Just use a decent recording of Brass Bonanza and be done with it.

I'm not down with the Brass Bonanza renaissance at all. That tune belonged to the Whalers. We should leave it with them. I appreciate the roots of the organization, but let's move on. I haven't considered which direction to go, but I believe new ownership deserves new tunes to celebrate the change. Maybe leave it up to the players? Just how I see it.

Jim

The way the ex-Whaler fans treated me when the Canes first came to town made me not want any part of the Hartford history.

Screw them. We are the Hurricanes and we came into being in 1998.

Fine ... Rock You Like a Hurricane it is then.

So long as it's not something completely dopey, I'm good. Personally, I'd go ask season ticket holder and Superchunk frontman Mac MacCaughan to pick something.

Okay, this may show me to be a Superchunk neophyte, but we as a fan base have been "Digging for Something" for a while....maybe mix that sucker up a bit

Okay, this may show me to be a Superchunk neophyte, but we as a fan base have been "Digging for Something" for a while....maybe mix that sucker up a bit

"Break the Glass" off of their new one would work for me ... but again, I'd settle for any number of punk or proto-punk athems that 90% of our crowd would do nothing but complain about. Which is why these things end up being generic in the first place.

Wait. I've got it ... "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire. I've hardly ever heard anybody hate on that song.

"Break the Glass" off of their new one would work for me ... but again, I'd settle for any number of punk or proto-punk athems that 90% of our crowd would do nothing but complain about. Which is why these things end up being generic in the first place.

Wait. I've got it ... "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire. I've hardly ever heard anybody hate on that song.

We'd need that to be the goal song when the opposition scores.

I'd go for Spirraling by Keane myself

I had nothing to offer to this, I'm sure I will hate all of the options for round 2, but I will be voting for the one I can tolerate the most.

More important than the new goal song, which one of the full season ticket members here are going to bury the 'Shoot for your seats' shot and get their tickets for free (or 10k worth of them for free?) Someone needs to cash in on this!

Brass Bonanza is ripe for a make over. Re-record it and try to get that middle bit in with the french horn flourish. A very under utilized part of the tune IMO.

I had nothing to offer to this, I'm sure I will hate all of the options for round 2, but I will be voting for the one I can tolerate the most.

More important than the new goal song, which one of the full season ticket members here are going to bury the 'Shoot for your seats' shot and get their tickets for free (or 10k worth of them for free?) Someone needs to cash in on this!

I'm signed up, but I haven't done much more than have the odd whip-around in the driveway with a ball since my shoulder went south on me three years ago. Blind luck is Plans A, B and C.

For some reason, I'm pushing for the Romantics "What I like about you" - hard rocking and who doesn't like it when we score a goal?

I'm thinking Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" should be the new goal song. Edgy, good riff and simple beat. the lyrics might not make for family night, but its a good song.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lus..._bAhVFulMKHY_sCqMQ1QIIrQEoAg&biw=1536&bih=734

Without lyrics-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBU3pzy7is

Considering Royal Caribbean Cruise Line used it for a national ad campaign for like 5 years without incident, I doubt anybody's going to complain about the lyrics.

Back