• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Trump might just end up increasing the debt not just more than ever before, but with structural, not temporary deficits.....and at the same time blowing up the markets and wiping out all the economic gains from his taxcuts-and-spend stimulus....but if Dems win next month, he might be able to blame it all on them.

the world kinda sucks.

The Dems winning the house is the excuse already being used. They’re claiming large investment firms are anticipating that and it’s causing the downturn. More than likely is that firms had stops in place and it snowballed. It happens.

Maybe now Trump will finally learn that the market is not the economy. He loves to point to it when it’s up like it means the economy is flying all the while ignoring other indicators. The market will eventually rebound and he’ll try to take credit for it again.

Yeah, I chuckled when I heard it on FOX.

I’m willing to bet you’ll be hearing that on the campaign trail though.

No comments on Kanye's visit to the white house?
Oh man....Kanye's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No comments on Kanye's visit to the white house?
Oh man....Kanye's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those two are using each other so badly, and they televise it.

In the Oval Office.

Oval Office.

:nono

so the saudis clearly murdered this journalist, but they also funded trumps campaign and have poured millions into his personal coffers, so it's all cool.

Turkey claiming they have video evidence of it going down

Can only avoid the issue for so long if they can produce it

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trump will have no choice on this one. There already is a bipartisan push for investigation and sanctions.

what the **** was MBS thinking. he has pushed too far. there will be repercussions for this. hell just look at the worldwide reaction the past couple days.

Except congress can also impose sanctions and Graham is chomping at the bit. I think that’s why Pastor Brunson got released, to appease Graham and his supporters who have been trying to get him released for a couple of years.

what the **** was MBS thinking. he has pushed too far. there will be repercussions for this. hell just look at the worldwide reaction the past couple days.

Ya right.

This guy declared a diplomatic and economic Jihad on Canada over a tweet, the world barely blinked.

What is a single journalist?

Just goes to show how the American president more or less turning a blind eye to Putins strongman nonsense is emboldening others to be more adventurous

Isn't that a tacit admission that Turkey has covert video surveillance set up in another country's embassy?

Every country does it and every other country knows it is being done. Admitting it publicly wold be somewhat of an extraordinary step, but it isn't clear (to me at least) if Turkey did that or if they told other intelligence agencies and it was leaked.

The Trump admin's response to this is an absolute scandal, and the clearest signal yet that they have fully abandoned any claim the US has to being a moral leader on the world stage.

Trump aside, the initial Republican response has been pretty strong, but I think ultimately it will play out much like the Kavanaugh scenario: 1. dismay from some corners with the possibility that what is claimed is true ; 2. soft demands for some kind of investigation; 3. fall back on Trump's talking points (we don't have all the facts/maybe it was someone else.)

Except congress can also impose sanctions and Graham is chomping at the bit. I think that’s why Pastor Brunson got released, to appease Graham and his supporters who have been trying to get him released for a couple of years.

lol. Lindsay Graham. i'm sure mbs is shaking in his boots.

Ya right.

This guy declared a diplomatic and economic Jihad on Canada over a tweet, the world barely blinked.

What is a single journalist?

Just goes to show how the American president more or less turning a blind eye to Putins strongman nonsense is emboldening others to be more adventurous

a bunch of people already pulled out from an event in Riyadh this weekend, including sponsors. the world cares about this one.

Back