• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

He’ll do the sash across the chest.

Here’s an idea, send those people participating in the parade to Puerto Rico along with the 92 mil and speed things along.

I have no interest watching some military parade.

Here’s an idea, send those people participating in the parade to Puerto Rico along with the 92 mil and speed things along.

So don't.

What would really gall Trump would be for no one (aside from his supporters) to watch or comment on the spectacle.
Though I don't see that happening.

What would really gall Trump would be for no one (aside from his supporters) to watch or comment on the spectacle.
Though I don't see that happening.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...t-and-least-in-2018-infographic/#1d2d0edc2fc8

Gallup asked Americans about their confidence levels in 15 societal institutions, finding that only three had a majority-level of trust. Despite that, however, average confidence in those institutions is relatively consistent since 1993 with all of them garnering at least some trust. This year the military continues with its long-standing reputation as a highly trusted institution with 74 percent of Gallup's respondents saying they have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in it.

Given its importance to local communities, it is no real surprise that small business is also widely trusted and it comes second with 67 percent. Despite widespread criticism due to shootings and heavy-handed arrests, the police is the only other institution with a majority trust level at 54 percent. Further down the ranking, 38 percent of people have a great deal or quite a lot of trust in the church and organized religion, just ahead of the presidency which has 37 percent. Television news and Congress are rock bottom of the trust league with 20 and 11 percent respectively.

People will always turn out and honor the most trusted institution in America.

NmaHVrf.png

@NBCNews
JUST IN: Bill McRaven, retired US Navy admiral who oversaw operation that killed Osama bin Laden, writes in a Washington Post op-ed that he would “consider it an honor” for President Trump to also revoke his security clearance in solidarity with former CIA Director John Brennan.

@NBCNews
JUST IN: Bill McRaven, retired US Navy admiral who oversaw operation that killed Osama bin Laden, writes in a Washington Post op-ed that he would “consider it an honor” for President Trump to also revoke his security clearance in solidarity with former CIA Director John Brennan.

A Democrat once considered for Clinton’s running mate? I’m surprised he still has one. Trump will get right on that. Of course this guy is highly decorated, a chancellor in TX and hasn’t mouthed off like Brennan so I doubt it happens.

Why is their long standing time honored , 137 year old tradition silly?

Because this:

0207francemilitary.jpg

Has no place in a modern civilian setting.

While we are on the subject, should Canada stop the armed forces from doing Remembrance day parades?

Do we have tanks, jets, APC's, etc at ours?

Want to honour your soldiers? Knock yourself out. Leave the death hardware on base though. If it's a solemn celebration of the sacrifice made by soldiers past and present, sign me up. If it's a cock measuring contest on who has the biggest tank, **** off.

So yeah, if yours looks more like this

1033750159.jpg

Than this:

171113_jp641_rci-m-parade_sn635.jpg

You might want to recalibrate certain ideas that are important to your society. Basically, if your military parades look like they could flip a switch and turn into an invasion of a medium sized country, you've gone and ****ed up somewhere.

So yeah, if yours looks more like this

1033750159.jpg

Than this:

171113_jp641_rci-m-parade_sn635.jpg

You might want to recalibrate certain ideas that are important to your society. Basically, if your military parades look like they could flip a switch and turn into an invasion of a medium sized country, you've gone and ****ed up somewhere.

So the jets doing a fly over is a no go for you?

Omarosa is proof positive there. She’s kissed his ass for years and he gave her opportunities she was not qualified for (especially the WH) but did so because she would say anything he wanted to anyone anywhere. She butted heads with Kelly and he fired her. She then started trashing Trump instead and now she’s a “dog”, “lowlife” etc.

News flash, she always was out for herself. The fact she even got a job in the administration is head shaking. Just another in a long line. Gorka, Bannon (real lowlife there), scaramucci etc.

She is vile

Back