• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

According to a Pentagon spokesperson, Trump's parade will not be going ahead in November.

Instead, they'll be "exploring opportunities in 2019".

Condolences, Altair.

According to a Pentagon spokesperson, Trump's parade will not be going ahead in November.

Instead, they'll be "exploring opportunities in 2019".

Condolences, Altair.

His dress uniform wasn’t “right” yet. Needs more time.

With a Democrat Congress controlling the purse strings? Good luck.
That may be a good deal of the reason why it's being postponed.

The army/Pentagon figures if they punt it past the election, they might not end up having to spend the money at all, and they'll spare history the sight of tanks, missiles & soldiers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue while Trump watches from a Balcony. Though, of course, this plan would be dependent on the Dems actually winning.

I don’t see tanks as a big deal. Mobile missile launchers however are tres gauche.

It's all jingoist cock measuring. Which is cool if that's what you're going for, just don't lie and say it's about the troops, their sacrifice, etc.

How do you read that out of what Mindz said? Hey, I butt heads with him too over certain issues but come on. I read his comments as why spend money on what amounts to a dick measuring event? Flyovers are cool and jets are always patrolling the skies anyway, comparing that to a full blown and needless display of military might is ridiculous.

The whole point is this, the entire world knows the US is the most powerful military on the planet. There’s really no need flaunting it. None.

Talk softly but carry a big stick. Trump doesn’t get this concept.

Back