• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

If there's too many people, how long until it's "suggested," that you don't bother having children?
At least, not everybody.

Meh, we're nowhere close to ready for anything like this. I think that it will be one bloody paradigm shift because it can't be stopped.

Automation, I mean.

Just watched the David Letterman interview show on Netflix with Obama...... My God, how far we've fallen in leadership.

Must watch TV... Dave is still so good

Yeah, Dave is great. Terrific show.
It is so sad they went from Obama to a racist like Trump. What a monumental step down and a statement on Americans.

Excellent show.

There's certainly a drop in charisma and articulation in the White House.

If there's too many people, how long until it's "suggested," that you don't bother having children?
At least, not everybody.

Yeah, some funny social engineering is going to become mainstream thought in our lifetimes. Hard to say what exactly, but there's going to be some stuff that we would consider loony today, book it.

Meh, we're nowhere close to ready for anything like this. I think that it will be one bloody paradigm shift because it can't be stopped.

Automation, I mean.

Yeah, we're nowhere close. But we haven't to deal with persistent double digit unemployment rates yet. They're coming though. Probably when the events happen that touched off the conversation. The marriage of advanced automated driving software with electric vehicle platforms.

Yeah, some funny social engineering is going to become mainstream thought in our lifetimes. Hard to say what exactly, but there's going to be some stuff that we would consider loony today, book it.

Yeah, we're nowhere close. But we haven't to deal with persistent double digit unemployment rates yet. They're coming though. Probably when the events happen that touched off the conversation. The marriage of advanced automated driving software with electric vehicle platforms.

I'm not against social engineering, but then I have this fantasy where people realize what's good for the planet, and themselves, and act accordingly.

Responsible birth control would have saved us a lot of grief as it is, but at some point it may become a necessity.

So this happened on the front of a Trump hotel

hotelshithole.jpg

Before this week, if you googled "trump" and "shithole", you would be given hundreds of negative reviews for hotels bearing his name. Now those have been pushed way back as responses to his comments flood the results. Trump is like a SEO genius.

Before this week, if you googled "trump" and "shithole", you would be given hundreds of negative reviews for hotels bearing his name. Now those have been pushed way back as responses to his comments flood the results. Trump is, like, a SEO genius.

Fyp

No, No. I am not a racist," Trump told reporters who asked for his response to those who think he is a racist. "I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you."

It's incredibly sad. Worse is that a huge chunk of the country continues to fall for it. It's his answer to every criticism. No, I'm not (insert criticism here), I'm the least/most/best (whatever) in all of human history.

It's incredibly sad. Worse is that a huge chunk of the country continues to fall for it. It's his answer to every criticism. No, I'm not (insert criticism here), I'm the least/most/best (whatever) in all of human history.

I think you have this one wrong.

How many people agree with him that Africa is a shithole?

I think you have this one wrong.

You think I have lots of stuff wrong that you turn out to be misinformed on. So I'm used to this.

How many people agree with him that Africa is a shithole?

How many who agree with him have ever been there to know? It's kind of a big place.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of places with crippling poverty, but there's a lot of places that life is as modern as it is in the US

capetown-hotelguide-fp.jpg

Cape Town for example.

Cape Town or Detroit? Where would you pick to live?

Back