• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Daniel Dale @ddale8
26s
Fox anchor begins reading what she says is Trump's statement that he accepts the intel community's finding about Russia - then stumbles, with evident frustration, when she gets to the part where he apparently said it could "also" have been non-Russia countries.
Show this thread

even while backpeddling he STILL does it.

Frank Thorp V
@frankthorp
Sen Burr leaves GOP Policy luncheon, says Russia/Putin-Trump Summit didn’t come up.

Asked why not, considering how many republicans came out against Trump’s comments yesterday, Burr said, “I don’t know, you’d have to ask them, I was just there eating...”

2:57pm · 17 Jul 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

Jeremy Schulman @jeremyschulman
22m
"I Was Just There Eating": The Republican Party in the Trump years

Free book title right there
Frank Thorp V @frankt

Reuters Politics
@ReutersPolitics
MORE: Trump says he meant to say in Helsinki that he saw no reason why it would not be Russia that interfered in elections

lmfao at that last one.

Matt Viser @mviser
4m
Here is what President Trump said yesterday: "President Putin...just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

Richard Whittall @RWhittall
1m
"I thought we were having steamed clams."

"Oh, no, I said, 'steamed hams'. That's what I call hamburgers!"

I’ll likely vote against Trump in 2020. That is unless Clinton is the candidate again, or someone I consider too far left like Sanders or Booker. If that happens it’ll be libertarian for the 5th straight presidential election.

Frank Thorp V
@frankthorp
Sen Burr leaves GOP Policy luncheon, says Russia/Putin-Trump Summit didn’t come up.

Asked why not, considering how many republicans came out against Trump’s comments yesterday, Burr said, “I don’t know, you’d have to ask them, I was just there eating...”

2:57pm · 17 Jul 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

Jeremy Schulman @jeremyschulman
22m
"I Was Just There Eating": The Republican Party in the Trump years

Free book title right there
Frank Thorp V @frankt

Like I said earlier man, the GOP will do nothing. They will circle the ****ing wagons and wait for Trump to shit himself again to distract from this particular full diaper. They would sell their mothers into prostitution if it meant they could go back to the donors for a pat on the heads because of TAX CUTS!!!! Well, they sold a lot more than that this time the spineless ****s.

I’ll likely vote against Trump in 2020. That is unless Clinton is the candidate again, or someone I consider too far left like Sanders or Booker. If that happens it’ll be libertarian for the 5th straight presidential election.

Way to take a stand....

This is serious enough that his GOP detractors like Rubio will seize on it. Trump needs to realize how badly he ****ed up and do damage control. His ego will probably get in the way of that.

You can blindly vote for either major party. I won’t.

Voting for the only party that can unseat Trump isn't blindly voting. It's strategic, and entirely necessary. You can say whatever you want about Clinton, or Bernie, or Booker or Warren of whoever you have distaste for, but they aren't this. This is the type of shit "The Downfall of...." history books are written about. Give your head a shake.

This is serious enough that his GOP detractors like Rubio will seize on it. Trump needs to realize how badly he ****ed up and do damage control. His ego will probably get in the way of that.

You already saw his damage control this morning. That was it.

Voting for the only party that can unseat Trump isn't blindly voting. It's strategic, and entirely necessary. You can say whatever you want about Clinton, or Bernie, or Booker or Warren of whoever you have distaste for, but they aren't this. This is the type of shit "The Downfall of...." history books are written about. Give your head a shake.

histrionics like this are why Trump won. you just don't get. and dems are no better.

histrionics like this are why Trump won. you just don't get. and dems are no better.

I agree, abject idiots believing that liberals are the ****ing devil is why Trump won.

The nerve of those liberals talking down to people about why their jobs aren't coming back to middle of **** off West Virginia, or that burning all the black shit will make the planet too hot to live on, or that those fags should have all the same rights as a god fearing man.

The ****ing nerve of them.

SMH? Uh no.

Robert Costa @costareports
57m
Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) says the president should release his tax returns in order to clear things up this week. Tells Post “I don’t know” if Russia has anything on the president and wants more answers on the president’s finances

Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie
Trump: "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there."

The Hill
@thehill
House shuts down Dem resolution to reprimand Trump for Putin summit hill.cm/8lXolzD

Robert Costa @costareports
57m
Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) says the president should release his tax returns in order to clear things up this week. Tells Post “I don’t know” if Russia has anything on the president and wants more answers on the president’s finances

I agree

Tom Winter @Tom_Winter
NEW: The Special Counsel's Office notifies the court that they will seek immunity for up to 5 people to testify under conditions of immunity in the upcoming trial against Paul Manafort in Virginia.

They say these people have not been publicly named before in the case.

Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie
Trump: "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there."

I disagree.

Back