• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

ᴿealfarmacist
@real_farmacist
"You gotta take care of the floors. You know the floors of the forest,very important...I was with the President of Finland...he called it a forest nation and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things and they don't have any problem." pic.twitter.com/f6aD37B3KA

Jennifer Jacobs
@JenniferJJacobs
“No, no,” Trump said in Chico when asked if wildfires’ devastation changed his opinion on climate change. “I have a strong opinion. I want great climate. We’re going to have that.

Here's my favourite American author, Thomas Frank. Have a listen dem fans:

[video=youtube;pQ4AlwewH8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ4AlwewH8Y[/video]

TLDR

tenor.gif

dems lose because they don't cheat.

the gop has managed to take over the all three branches of government with a small minority of voters.

Yes, that’s the standard leftist decree because it’s impossible for the right to win otherwise, correct?

correct.

that's why the right is so hellbent on passing law after law making it harder for people to vote.

and many of them have stopped hiding it anymore - they just flat out state that obviously, poor (and dark) people are lazy and dumb and selfish and obviously won't vote in the best interests of the country. it's obviously better to have the smartest aka most successful aka richest run the country.

for example, tweeted a couple hours ago:

Rep. Stephen Meeks
@RepStephenMeeks
Being poor in America is a personal choice, unless there are mitigating circumstances.

A homeless man can go to school, get a job driving a truck making $70k per year and in 20 years become a millionaire.

In America you can work hard and change your future - if you chose.

donnie covering for the Saudis in every way he can:

Yashar Ali �� @yashar
43s
NEW: Kirsten Fontenrose, Senior Director for Gulf Affairs at the National Security Council, has resigned after pushing for tougher sanctions against Saudi Arabia, including sanctions against MBS' closest aide.

It's sad listening to dems talk about why they lose:

1. The Russians
2. Republicans cheat
3. Racists
4. Julien Assange
5. The electoral system

What do all of these things have in common? They avoid any consideration that they might have done something wrong. America has fairly extreme income and wealth inequality and widespread economic insecurity. They should be winning by landslides.

But they do not represent working people any longer. They are the party of the professional class. They are completely out of touch with most Americans. And that's why a guy like Donald Trump can come along and steal their base by ranting about a rigged system and trade deals. He spoke truth that mainstream Democrats won't touch.

Nicholas Kitchel @nicholaskitchel
5h
This is the photo taken at the White House right after @HouseGOP voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act last year. Everyone with an ❌ has since been voted out of Congress.

DsOZcjwWsAEPaHy.jpg:large

Liz Plank @feministabulous
It’s saturday night but @Ocasio2018 is spending her evening in sweats on a zoom answering questions from @justicedems activists to take them through the green deal. Not your grandmother’s congress is an understatement.

uh oh I think I have a crush.

Back