• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Yep. It's an abortion.

Passing crap for optics. "Hey look, we passed major tax reform"!

I use the alternative tax credit for my company. Why politicians can't pass a balanced budget and proper tax reform is beyond me.

Last edited:
Well that would require competent people, crossing party lines and actually governing, as opposed to this Monday Night Senate sports spectacle government has become. Doesn't matter if its pretty, just get the "W".

why do you think they care about balancing the budget? or reforming the tax cut in any way other than cutting taxes for the richest?

my favorite thing they do is this "simplify the tax code to a postcard" schtick. even the dummy lemmings know this con when they see it. nobody has any problem filling out libraries of forms if it saves them money. it's sad they think people are that dumb, and they shouod really know that it's a losijg message.

Shocker, the scrawled-together tax bill was riddled with hundreds of billions of dollars in errors, including errors which actually raised taxes on he corporations they were trying to cut for when they were scrambling to find enough revenue to keep the bill from going to conference.

bunch of idiots.

franken getting called out now by his fellow dem senators. good. he really needs to step down.

Shocker, the scrawled-together tax bill was riddled with hundreds of billions of dollars in errors, including errors which actually raised taxes on he corporations they were trying to cut for when they were scrambling to find enough revenue to keep the bill from going to conference.

bunch of idiots.
I don't see several members in the house agreeing with that mess up. If they don't fix it in reconciliation between the two branches it may die on the vine.

Steven Greenhouse @greenhousenyt
1h
In Case You Missed This >> One day after the Senate passed tax bill that is a windfall for billionaires & keeps the huge carried-interest tax break for hedge fund billionaires, Trump went to fundraiser at hedge fund billionaire Steve Schwarzman's apartment washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-lin…

DQYCEcmXcAANDa-.jpg:large

poor johnnyholmes.

I don't see several members in the house agreeing with that mess up. If they don't fix it in reconciliation between the two branches it may die on the vine.

could be.

and it doesn't seem like the house is going to give Collins her handout, so she might be out.

and then if moore loses....

it's an avalanche against Franken right now. suddenly upwards of 15 and counting dem sens are telling him to step aside.

don't see how he lasts the day.

you're on a roll this morning zeke.

what do we think about moving the embassy to Jerusalem?

I am very much pro-Israel, but I'm not sure how doing this helps the situation at all. if anything, accomplishes the opposite.

it's an avalanche against Franken right now. suddenly upwards of 15 and counting dem sens are telling him to step aside.

don't see how he lasts the day.

while I'm not sure how I actually feel about whether Franken should stay or go, good on the Dems.

the jerusalem is a sop to bible thumpers. which is weird because they also think all jews are going to hell.

it'll accomplish nothing other than pissing off a whole whack of countries.

the jerusalem is a sop to bible thumpers. which is weird because they also think all jews are going to hell.

just throwing bones to his base with little regard for the actual outcomes.

and yeah, the evangelical love-in with the Jews is weird. maybe it's cause the Arabs (Muslims) hate the Jews? who knows.

It will also strengthen relations with the only liberal democracy, freedom loving, non terrorist harboring nation in the region.

Something to be said about principles.

It will also strengthen relations with the only liberal democracy, freedom loving, non terrorist harboring nation in the region.

Something to be said about principles.

given that Israel always has the US sucking its cock, how exactly will it strengthen relations?

just throwing bones to his base with little regard for the actual outcomes.

and yeah, the evangelical love-in with the Jews is weird. maybe it's cause the Arabs (Muslims) hate the Jews? who knows.

No, it is more esoteric than that.

For evangelicals, Jesus will only return to Earth again if Israel exists. Deep down, evangelicals don't care about jews, hell they wouldn't let them in their clubs etc, but the state of Israel has to exist for Jesus to rule the Earth again. As a result, any support for Israel is good.

Back