• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

aaaand he's not "guilty until proven innocent", last I checked nobody is trying to throw him in jail. This is for a SCOTUS appointment though, people should be justified in expecting a pretty damn squeaky clean life time track record here. Especially when the potential SCOTUS appointee in question has such strong opinions about female reproductive issues. Letting a dude who *might* have attempted to rape a chick, and *might* have a checkered past as far as sexual assault is concerned, cast the deciding vote in a Roe V Wade over turning would be a pretty ****ing dreadful look for the country.

I mean, I can kind of understand this from the other side - this has turned the hearing mostly into a "should what he did as a 17 year old prevent him from serving on the court" as opposed to a hearing where his actual judicial career should have been enough to disqualify him for the post.

But yes, there are some positions and appointments that should be held to a slightly higher standard than "not criminally guilty". Lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land I think would be at or near the top of the list. And the fact that he came ready with signatures from 65 women who he didn't attempt to rape, and is now coming forward with calendars from 36 years ago just looks creepy as hell.

this is dirty pool all the way through.

but at this point I'm not sure the dems have any other option, considering what mitch has done.

to be honest, I'm pretty stunned this is working as well as it is. I thought he'd hav3 been confirmed by now. but now even if he's confirmed this will hurt the gop come election time.

this is dirty pool all the way through.

but at this point I'm not sure the dems have any other option, considering what mitch has done.

to be honest, I'm pretty stunned this is working as well as it is. I thought he'd hav3 been confirmed by now. but now even if he's confirmed this will hurt the gop come election time.

and yeah, that's the other thing. It's dirty politics, but with what Mitch pulled on the Garland nomination, the Dems don't have a hell of a lot of choices. They've gotta stop rolling over when the Republicans play dirty.

Gotta love the guilty until proven innocent mentality that has swept this country.

Accuser 1: I can't tell you when or where but he tried to rape me. Oh more details? Let me work on that for you.

Accuser 2: I was drunk but I'm pretty sure it was Kavanaugh, maybe.

If you've got legit grievances then bring them but this shit? Please.

Sickens me. Time to move.

Welcome to the me too movement.

Enjoy your stay.

You guys align with the Dems so you’re willing to overlook due process. This isn’t new for some of you.

These are not credible claims, no matter how you try and spin it. They would be thrown out of court. This is indeed dirty pool and just because you agree with it well that doesn’t make it right.

What if he’s innocent? Gasp! Sure it’s fair to **** up his life and slander him because you disagree with him.

**** that. The world is ****ed.

Last edited:
and yeah, that's the other thing. It's dirty politics, but with what Mitch pulled on the Garland nomination, the Dems don't have a hell of a lot of choices. They've gotta stop rolling over when the Republicans play dirty.

Boy you really subscribe to the tit for tat...

Glad the Dems are the “better choice” in all this.

Hypocrisy and double standards abound.

What if he’s not innocent?

65 women from both sides of the aisle give him glowing recommendations but two unsubstantiated claims with zero chance to prove is more credible? Just ****ed up.

If he’s guilty then impeach. This bullshit is nothing more than Borking. It’s ****ing disgusting and is precisely why I hate the ****ing Democrats. They claim to be caring and for the people but they’re ****ing unscrupulous pieces of shit. When people, like some here, fall for their bullshit it just solidifies my disdain. They couldn’t give a shit about these women, this is about submarining Kavanaugh. I said what McConnell did was bullshit, have the balls to do the same.

What is he’s not innocent? These claims are flimsy at best. Even if they could prove it, which they can’t, you impeach. That’ll never happen though because this is a Dem Hail Mary and anyone with a clue can see that.

Purely politically motivated.

aaaand he's not "guilty until proven innocent", last I checked nobody is trying to throw him in jail. This is for a SCOTUS appointment though, people should be justified in expecting a pretty damn squeaky clean life time track record here. Especially when the potential SCOTUS appointee in question has such strong opinions about female reproductive issues. Letting a dude who *might* have attempted to rape a chick, and *might* have a checkered past as far as sexual assault is concerned, cast the deciding vote in a Roe V Wade over turning would be a pretty ****ing dreadful look for the country.

How’d you feel? Seriously? Highly likely it never happened but Salem witch trials are back.

This is the exact problem #metoo is trying to address though. No one ever believes the victim. It’s too easy to make excuses not to. And as a result women get abused and no one gives a ****.

Kinda more important to hear these women out and have some actual due process than rush some judge through the confirmation process for literally no good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the exact problem #metoo is trying to address though. No one ever believes the victim. It’s too easy to make excuses not to. And as a result women get abused and no one gives a ****.

Kinda more important to hear these women out and have some actual due process than rush some judge through the confirmation process for literally no good reason.

Yeah sure, that’s why they held onto this for 7 weeks... because it’s important to the Dems that she’s heard. That’s why they leaked her name against her wishes.

If this was provable it would have been out long ago. Kavanaugh has rights too. That seems to be missing from the calculus.

You guys align with the Dems so you’re willing to overlook due process. This isn’t new for some of you.

These are not credible claims, no matter how you try and spin it. They would be thrown out of court. This is indeed dirty pool and just because you agree with it well that doesn’t make it right.

What if he’s innocent? Gasp! Sure it’s fair to **** up his life and slander him because you disagree with him.

**** that. The world is ****ed.

hilldog agrees

ya

thankfully more and more women are being believed instead of assumed they are lying

Yeah sure, that’s why they held onto this for 7 weeks... because it’s important to the Dems that she’s heard. That’s why they leaked her name against her wishes.

If this was provable it would have been out long ago. Kavanaugh has rights too. That seems to be missing from the calculus.

Yeah but not the right to be nominated to the Supreme Court regardless of being accused of sexual assault.

65 women from both sides of the aisle give him glowing recommendations but two unsubstantiated claims with zero chance to prove is more credible? Just ****ed up.

If he’s guilty then impeach. This bullshit is nothing more than Borking. It’s ****ing disgusting and is precisely why I hate the ****ing Democrats. They claim to be caring and for the people but they’re ****ing unscrupulous pieces of shit. When people, like some here, fall for their bullshit it just solidifies my disdain. They couldn’t give a shit about these women, this is about submarining Kavanaugh. I said what McConnell did was bullshit, have the balls to do the same.

What is he’s not innocent? These claims are flimsy at best. Even if they could prove it, which they can’t, you impeach. That’ll never happen though because this is a Dem Hail Mary and anyone with a clue can see that.

Purely politically motivated.

Do you hate the republicans equally?

Yeah but not the right to be nominated to the Supreme Court regardless of being accused of sexual assault.

Yep. The claims may not actually be substantive enough to disqualify him, but there's enough there that they deserve to be heard. Much better to go through the investigation now before he gets appointed, then to rush into it and then have to worry about getting rid of him later if the claims are true and disqualifying.

Back