• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

No, but people in your profession long ago let the "for the troops" drum beaters drown out and beat down any opposed view points without any meaningful protest. It is socially unacceptable to do anything but jerk off to "the troops", with "the troops" used however the drum beaters see fit. You guys have allowed this to happen, and for good reason. It helped recruitment, it helps direct budget money in your direction, etc.

You're confusing Canada and America again.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.”

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

According to two sources familiar with the conversation, Trump vented to his longtime security chief, Keith Schiller, “I hate everyone in the White House! There are a few exceptions, but I hate them!” (A White House official denies this.) Two senior Republican officials said Chief of Staff John Kelly is miserable in his job and is remaining out of a sense of duty to keep Trump from making some sort of disastrous decision. Today, speculation about Kelly’s future increased after Politico reported that Kelly’s deputy Kirstjen Nielsen is likely to be named Homeland Security Secretary—the theory among some Republicans is that Kelly wanted to give her a soft landing before his departure.

-----

Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

So nafta renegotiations seem to be dead.

Only hope is that Congress doesn't want to destroy the original deal.

He's going full term. Enjoy.

Habsy has 70% more faith in the Dorito than Steve Bannon does. #BizarroWorld

In fairness, only Bannon has seen the raging maelstrom of incompetence up close. John Kelly will look like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now by the time this is done.

Habsy has 70% more faith in the Dorito than Steve Bannon does. #BizarroWorld

In fairness, only Bannon has seen the raging maelstrom of incompetence up close. John Kelly will look like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now by the time this is done.
I have faith in the stupidity of mankind.

He'll be impeached during the term, he may stretch it out though. That shit takes time. He's not poison to the Republican brand yet.

He is, increasingly, the Republican brand. If the GOP goobers challenge him, they'll get primaried. The Trumpanzees outnumber the Daddy Warbucks wing.

They know, he knows it.

Last edited:
It's the GOP own fault. Their tent is too big. Two congressmen can call themselves GOP and be polar opposites. There is no identity and it looks like Trump hijacked the GOP by milking the frustration voters have with them and also the Democrats.

"Change" is the buzzword and sentiment, it appears irrelevant if that change is a positive one.

official White House tweet:

DMBo2VtUIAEhk3w.jpg:large

And the Iran deal has just died.

Obamacare is going to die.

NAFTA is about to die

He left the Paris accord

Going to get to the point where the global community need not even ask for America to show up.

Back