• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Count, the guy she said that was in the room said he has zero recollection of this and even went so far as to say it never happened. You know that this could never be proven in a court of law. It’s he said she said. The only reason this is getting play is the politically charged atmosphere and #metoo.

yeah it likely would be thrown out although Judge probably has no credibility, you know bro code etc

They also know the statute of limitations has long past. This is a character assassination attempt.

Boy you really subscribe to the tit for tat...

I actually severely dislike it. But when you have one group trying to remake American politics in favour of the popular minority, and using every trick they can to get it done, you have to fight back. Pussies don't win.

American demographics and attitudes are shifting, this is simply a fact. Liberal policies are becoming more popular, religious conservatism becoming less popular, but here we are in 2018 with one side of the aisle trying to stack the deck in every way they can imagine. The Supreme Court should do a reasonably good job of representing the views and attitudes of the people they represent (within the restrictions set in play by the founding documents). The majority of Americans aren't in favour of reopening certain questions that a vocal minority is in favour of reopening.

Glad the Dems are the “better choice” in all this.

They absolutely are. Demonstrably better. Which is sad because they're also incredibly flawed. The Republicans are almost cartoony in their ridiculous bullshit though.

So even if he’s innocent it’s ok because you drank the kool aid that he’s going to overturn Roe?

His view on Executive privilege is terrifying. For the amount of cynical bitching and moaning you've done on here over the years about unchecked executive branch power, it's kind of ****ing stunning that you're willing to tuck this in your back pocket and ignore it now. Nobody will ever touch Trump, regardless of his crimes? Yeah, because this guy's interpretation (which is not in step with the two SCOTUS rulings on the books) of executive power will make sure of it.

Sorry man but that’s gotta be the most petty and ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen you post.

Cute that you latch on to one of the 3 scary opinions he carries and went with that one. With that said, his testimony sure suggests that Roe is on the table for him.

I’m certain this would not be your take on this if the shoe was on the other foot and Pubs were pulling this weak sauce crap.

I wouldn't care.

Nominate someone else. Be certain of whatever the **** you want, you're wrong. I'm not naive to modern politics, and if the dirty tricks come out but the Democrats still held advantage, **** it, nominate someone else. Exactly what I would tell a Republican crying about this right now. You still have control of the process, nominate someone else. This is a one use only trick. There's a reason they want this guy though, they want this guy for his views on Roe, Executive Privilege and Campaign Finance. A conservative with an ounce of sense on those 3 subjects doesn't allow them to rewrite society for the next 20 yrs the way they want.

As you put it, elections have consequences, Republicans control the the Exec and Legislative, so they're at the plate and get to add a conservative justice, fill your boots. This guy though, is a dangerous c*nt.

Just imagine this was you? Imagine you were 100% sure it happened but people believe you are making it up. That’s how I approach this.

I know someone that was assaulted in college. She remembers very little.

fixed

I didn't realize there'd be an inquisition.

Nobody ever expects an inquisition

giphy.gif

I actually severely dislike it. But when you have one group trying to remake American politics in favour of the popular minority, and using every trick they can to get it done, you have to fight back. Pussies don't win.

American demographics and attitudes are shifting, this is simply a fact. Liberal policies are becoming more popular, religious conservatism becoming less popular, but here we are in 2018 with one side of the aisle trying to stack the deck in every way they can imagine. The Supreme Court should do a reasonably good job of representing the views and attitudes of the people they represent (within the restrictions set in play by the founding documents). The majority of Americans aren't in favour of reopening certain questions that a vocal minority is in favour of reopening.

They absolutely are. Demonstrably better. Which is sad because they're also incredibly flawed. The Republicans are almost cartoony in their ridiculous bullshit though.

They’re lying at every single turn. Sure they are.

Kavanaugh is a geek. His mother was a judge and I just don’t see him doing what she claims. Burden of proof is on the accuser and she has none.

They’re lying at every single turn. Sure they are.

Who said they were lying? I don't believe that the Republicans are lying about their beliefs at all. They're just demonstrably wrong.

- Supply side is horseshit
- Climate change is real
- Creationism is a bedtime story for dense children (aka, evolution is real)
- Privatized prisons as an industry is modern day slavery
- Their views on immigration are rudimentary, cruel and largely inaccurate
- **** your deep state nonsense, Russia is not your friend, the FBI is not your enemy
- The US benefits from free trade, even when they run deficits. IP theft (hello China) is not a feature of free trade, it's a bug.
- Single payer health care is a vastly superior system to the wasteful private insurer based system
- LGBT deserve equal protection & equal rights under the law
- Sensible gun control works

I could go on, but I think that covers the high points. The Republicans are on the wrong side of history, morality, and in many cases, broadly established facts on everything I listed there. Which isn't to say that the Dems nail each of the above, but they're a lot closer than the cartoonish bullshit of the Republicans here.

Who said they were lying? I don't believe that the Republicans are lying about their beliefs at all. They're just demonstrably wrong.

- Supply side is horseshit
- Climate change is real
- Creationism is a bedtime story for dense children (aka, evolution is real)
- Privatized prisons as an industry is modern day slavery
- Their views on immigration are rudimentary, cruel and largely inaccurate
- **** your deep state nonsense, Russia is not your friend, the FBI is not your enemy
- The US benefits from free trade, even when they run deficits. IP theft (hello China) is not a feature of free trade, it's a bug.
- Single payer health care is a vastly superior system to the wasteful private insurer based system
- LGBT deserve equal protection & equal rights under the law
- Sensible gun control works

I could go on, but I think that covers the high points. The Republicans are on the wrong side of history, morality, and in many cases, broadly established facts on everything I listed there. Which isn't to say that the Dems nail each of the above, but they're a lot closer than the cartoonish bullshit of the Republicans here.

Fine, but what Benghazi and e-mail servers?

Honestly, it's the idea of 6000-year-old-earth-bible-thumpers getting their hands on the Country that scares me the most...it's why I'll always go with the democrats.

Everybody is wrong about something, I'll go with the party that lets people be wrong about their beliefs as well.

Back