• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I don’t really care anymore. I know who I am.

If you haven’t figured out I play devils advocate a lot over the past 12 years then that’s just your inability to recognize.

Devil's advocate would be awesome instead of your current role: a grizzly and cynical, disheartened judge who assumes he's got nothing left to learn.

Then he finds weed. So maybe there's hope before the credits begin to roll.

I’m just really set in my beliefs and I’m a constitutionalist. You may find it outdated but it’s what I believe.

Here’s the way I see it. The democrats are about handouts. They give you enough to survive but not thrive.

What you call handouts, the rest of the western world calls a safety net. I have a hard time buying the "not to thrive" bit when the richest US states tend to be Democrat leaning.

Look at the mess most major cities are in. Democrats have controlled them continuously for decades and they’re a fiscal shit show.

Republican controlled cities have fared no better. Jacksonville, Nashville, and bag of other long term Republican strongholds have finances every bit as shite as democrat metropolis' like San Fran & NYC.

Why should I align with a party that’s willing to put $500-1000/month in my pocket through entitlements when I can get $20-25k more per year from the GOP?

Because LGBT will get their rights, the government will take steps to contribute to fighting climate change, ganj will be legal as it should be, private prisons will become an embarrassing footnote in history, etc, etc, etc.

Because the country will just be a better place to live, and sooner or later the Republicans will figure out that being cartoon villains is a non starter, and you might end up with a real conservative option instead of this shit show.

avenatti just sent an email to the nominations counsel of the senate judiciary committee alleging kavanaugh and his buddies ran "train" on girls.

this is all so bad for america. the number of private citizens getting dragged through the mud here - by both parties - is mindboggling.

municipalities have to do (and pay for) all the front line stuff with little funding and limited ability to raise capital.

garbage, road repairs, snow plowing, homelessness, shelters, policing, fire departments, ems. shit costs $.

This is what you get when every sense of decorum in government is gone. Thanks Donald, the lunatics are running the asylum.

not donald's fault.

the gop violated the very concept of truth and integrity, and Donnie is the expected result.

Avenatti is claiming that his new client is US federal government employee who has held multiple security clearances in the past and he's accusing Kavanaugh of taking party in "gang rapes".

Accusing a sitting federal judge of this without significant amounts of evidence is a one way ticket to being disbarred. The odds that he isn't aware of this, or is recklessly risking his career for this? I'd put that at roughly zero.

Apparently the full story is going to come out within 48 hours. Shocking allegations, and Avenatti has been (so far) a very credible source of information.

You know what else girls in HS do? Tell their best friends about shit like this. Funny neither never did.

Oh and men also don’t.
Wild. I know more than a handful of women who have been assaulted and didn’t tell a soul. High school girls can be vicious gossipy bitches. Why would someone who is ashamed and scared of it getting out due to being victim blamed, confide in anyone.

Someone who was assaulted is curious. :seeya:

Sorry to hear about your awful experience, truly.

I suppose it does depend on the person as we’re all different. Having something like this politicized this greatly will lead to doubts, unfortunate but true.

Yeah, the stats show that victims actually don't tell anyone. So telling alleged-victims to shut up and go away is without question the wrong response.

Sorry to hear about your awful experience, truly.

I suppose it does depend on the person as we’re all different. Having something like this politicized this greatly will lead to doubts, unfortunate but true.

CHeers. Sadly it’s way more common than most people think and most of us know it’s part of life. Hopefully this movement will empower victims. There also will be more than a handful of hateful cows throwing shade on men they’ve been slighted by and that is repugnant and has no place in this world. Unfortunately it’s a reality, just like the fact that way more girls or women that you know have been assaulted at some point in their life’s.

Heh:

1kKsf8W.png

he37OJh.png

Back