• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

DhqzZusUYAAJYzu.jpg:large

Hard brexit on the way.

Which is fair in this sense, for I think the proposal on the table would have limited The UKs ability to sign trade deals with other nations post brexit.

@jonathanchait

I am being told Trump has three different justices being driven around Washington in black sedans, like the last scene in The Italian Job.

There is nobody that the "billionaire" doesn't stiff sooner or later.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-driver-for-25-years-sues-for-unpaid-overtime

Donald Trump’s personal driver for more than 25 years says the billionaire real estate developer didn’t pay him overtime and raised his salary only twice in 15 years, clawing back the second raise by cutting off his health benefits.

Noel Cintron, who is listed in public records as a registered Republican, sued the Trump Organization for about 3,300 hours of overtime that he says he worked in the past six years. He’s not allowed to sue for overtime prior to that due to the statute of limitations.

“In an utterly callous display of unwarranted privilege and entitlement and without even a minimal sense of noblesse oblige,” Trump and his businesses exploited the driver, Cintron says in the complaint.

The driver’s allegations echo those of other Trump employees or contractors who have sued the president or his businesses over the years claiming he has underpaid them or failed to honor promises to compensate them for their work. They have included mortgage brokers, landscapers and electricians who say they were stiffed on commissions or fees.

literal traitors.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1
Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, back from the congressional trip to Moscow, is suggesting that Congress went too far in punishing Russia for meddling in the 2016 election.

"The election interference ... is not the greatest threat to our democracy." bit.ly/2u8tz8t

Yeah, no shit. I mean, it's not like he's trying to destroy NATO, or said that Germany was in bed with the Russians, or anything like that.
It never fails. He always accuses everyone else of what he himself is in fact guilty of.

He really is the master of projection.

Trudeau is whoring out the canadian forces in order to deflect criticism about defense spending.

It won't work, but I kind of like it.

https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/canada-offers-to-lead-new-nato-operation-in-iraq-1.537053
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his country is offering to lead NATO's new military training mission in Iraq for the first year and stands ready to provide 250 troops plus helicopters for the effort.

Trudeau said Wednesday that it is important to help build the conflict-ravaged country's resilience against the Islamic State group.

Trudeau set to extend Canada's leadership role in NATO's Latvia mission
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/latvia-nato-trudeau-trump-1.4737690
Canada's mission leadership role faces a self-imposed government deadline of spring 2019. It's now expected to continue until at least 2023

More troops, more soldiers, longer commitments.

Not going to work, but I've been busy.

annmarie hordern
@annmarie
#NATO UPDATE: DPA (German news agency) is reporting that Pres. Trump is said to threaten U.S. withdrawal from NATO. Now leaders are holding an unplanned emergency session #TicTocNews

Back