• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

lmao. he still thinks it is LITERALLY INVISIBLE.

is everyone too scared to tell him?

Matt Taibbi @mtaibbi
51m
Trump on the F-35: “You literally can’t see it.. That’s an expensive plane you can’t see... It wins every time because the enemy cannot see it, even if it’s right next to it, it can’t see it.”

This is still my favourite dumb Trump thing...and there's hundreds of them by now.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1
Half a dozen people in contact with the W.H. and other Trump officials say a deep anxiety has started to set in that Mueller is about to pounce and that any number of Trump's allies and family members may soon be staring down the barrel of an indictment.

David Greenwald @davidegreenwald
5m
When will politics writers start doing stories about the national consequences of our having a criminal president for 2 years instead of calling their friends to ask about their feelings

Mueller is going to report that the Russians were naughty but there was no conspiracy. That’s my bet.

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews
41s
WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange has been charged under seal, prosecutors inadvertently revealed in a recently unsealed court filing — a development that could significantly advance the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Ryan Goodman @rgoodlaw
5h
The fix is in.

Senator McConnell, Nov 9, 2018:

#Whitaker “will be a very interim AG...I expect we’ll get a new nominee quickly.”

Senator Graham, Nov 15, 2018:

Whitaker and I "discussed sort of what he wants to do next year in terms of his legislative agenda."

Mueller is going to report that the Russians were naughty but there was no conspiracy. That’s my bet.

I dunno. For the most part I thought it would be financial crimes with a liberal sprinkling of good ol’ fashion bumbling idiocy. i.e. They inadvertently fall ass backwards into something stupid on the political front, apart from laundering dirty Russian money.

But this Roger Stone is a piece of work. He probably has a dozen dirty tricks irons in the fire at any one time, so maybe he defrauded the United States with the stolen emails winding up on wikileaks.

The fact that nobody has an issue with mission creep is pretty disconcerting. No government should be able to start an investigation for one thing, under intense scrutiny mind you, then be able to rip your life apart. It’s too fascist for my taste.

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews
41s
WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange has been charged under seal, prosecutors inadvertently revealed in a recently unsealed court filing — a development that could significantly advance the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The end game, no doubt. The DNC/Clintons/Obama and their Replubican pals have been frothing at the mouth to lock him up for years now.

The end game, no doubt. The DNC/Clintons/Obama and their Replubican pals have been frothing at the mouth to lock him up for years now.

eh, if the guy had just stuck with real leaks, instead of partisan shit, he'd be fine. it's his own fault.

Paul McLeod

@pdmcleod
Replying to @pdmcleod
BIG: Judge Kelly rules Jim Acosta’s first amendment rights overrules the White House’s right to have orderly press conferences.

Hope Jim's first question back is "Now, back to my question from before I was rudely interrupted."

I doubt he gets picked for a question anytime soon. This white house is petty

Although the concept of the press asking hard questions to keep the government to account is weird to me.

Question period in Canada conducted by actual politicians seems a much better way to go about it than a bunch of journalists grilling the president or press secretary.

Back