• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

a politician describing something as x does not automatically mean it is x. this should hardly be a point of dispute.

but, it is really cute how much authority you put in the language used by Theresa May.

especially in this thread were nobody believes a word of what trump says

the ironing is funny

lol @ "a politician"

Try: "a normal, educated, english speaking person having just been briefed on the situation by her experienced, trained, military and security experts".

so Theresa May is not a politician?

that same description could literally be applied to Trump, Pence, etc. yet I doubt you would ever hold their statements as such authorities.

there are a number of plausible reasons.

1) they don't actually know how or where the nerve agent was administered, so they are proceeding with an abundance of caution (i.e. better safe than sorry)
2) trace elements were detected in public places (brought by the Skripals, allegedly), which also links neatly back to point 1
3) taking a page out of the Putin playbook, May is trying to drum up nationalistic fervour to draw support for hitting back against Russia. the greater the public outrage the more support she will have for extra sanctions, Magnitsky style law, etc. plus, trying to stir up a nationalistic frenzy is one of the better known tools in the political playbook for rallying support.

I've answered your question. now your turn.

i would say it is number 1

it is funny how he never answers questions put to him

the thing is...it does not even matter whether it was indiscriminate or not

the attack was not random...it was targeted

was it careless? it appears not

even if it was - what murder or attempted murder isn't

this is insane.

I used a word which described an attack which put the general public at risk. It was used correctly.

Many other people used the same word. People with the most intimate knowledge of the situation, and with the best understanding of the importance and definitions of specific words used in a public description of this kind of event.

and hilariously, you guys are attacking me for this as if I'm the crazy one, instead of apologizing for being wrong.

seriously, what is wrong with you?

Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
NEWS: Johnny McEntee was fired because he is currently under investigation by the Department of Homeland Security for serious financial crimes, a source familiar with his firing tells CNN.

the best people.

Gareth Browne
@BrowneGareth
The Telegraph is reporting that Nikolai Glushkov, an close associate of Putin Critic Boris Berezovsky has been found dead in the UK telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/1…

Gareth Browne
@BrowneGareth
The Telegraph is reporting that Nikolai Glushkov, an close associate of Putin Critic Boris Berezovsky has been found dead in the UK telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/1…

What a indiscriminate attack...

DYLYCL3W0AALqKR.jpg:large

Talk about leaps...

This would mean the CIA is also taking marching orders. A little ridiculous.

Trump is simply a childish egomaniac and Tillerson has consistently disagreed with him so he's replaced him. Yet another stupid move IMHO.
Tillerson comes out with a forceful response to a Russian attack on British soil, and the very next day he's fired without warning via a public tweet from the President?

Sorry, but I'm not buying coincidence here.

The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted account of secretary of state's dismissal.

laughing-hysterically-gif-2.gif

Back