• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The higher courts may not agree. I’m thinking they won’t. The damage will have been done though.

There are very specific rules as to what constitutes “privilege”, and apparently what Cohen did for the Trump Syndicate does not fall within those guidelines.

You simply can’t refer something, seize everything, find something outside the initial warrant then claim its kosher. Doesn’t work that way. Now I don’t know what precisely the referral was for but if they use it as a back door to information outside the warrant? Fruit of the poisonous tree. They’ll taint a lot of evidence. They know this too. That is why I believe this is about info for impeachment, not criminally (where Trump is concerned).

Of course investigators can follow evidence of criminal activity found in searches for another purpose. If you get pulled over for speeding and have a bunch of weed in the car you don't avoid possesson charges because they only pulled you over for speeding.

Also, solicitor-client privilege is a rule of evidence regarding admissibility. its not a shield for criminal activity.

It is apparent to me though that many people are willing to just give up freedoms and privacy because it’s not them being targeted and if it’s someone they hate then they give it up even more freely. People don’t realize that once the precedence has been set then they’re ****ed... eventually. Don’t tread on me.

But wait, we are talking about covering up criminal activity here. What is the public policy argument for solicitor client privilege protecting that?

You literally only have to worry about "treading" if you are utilizing your lawyer under the false belief that it shields you from prosecution.

It is apparent to me though that many people are willing to just give up freedoms and privacy because it’s not them being targeted and if it’s someone they hate then they give it up even more freely. People don’t realize that once the precedence has been set then they’re ****ed... eventually. Don’t tread on me.

Please tell me this is not the first time you contemplated this.

As someone that likely uses attorneys far more than most, this is a big ****ing deal to me and I am watching most intently to see how this shakes out. This is unprecedented.

You should be OK.

If they raided cohen without evidence then they just torpedoed any case they might have had. So habsy should be happy.

I have just read the past 13 pages and the one thing i can say I have noticed, is how each poster here has their own agenda. Since i havent met any of you ( although i once offered zeke a house to use when he needed a place a few years ago) i have imagined your personalities and traits from these postings. My conclusions concerning most of you is one of obvious respect and admiration for your mostly intelligent and introspective perceptions on the matters of this post.
This is just mho and i am obviously not as well versed or learned as many of you who post here but doesnt this whole Trump discussion strike you as comical and sad.
I think that habsy is right when he made the point of a slippery slope as far as lawyer/client privledge. Kind of reminds me of a jack in the box, open the box (taking all of the lawyers records) and whatever jumps out, take it and run.
Another point which i find absolutely hilarious is that every single one of the persons in charge of the investigation themselves have closets they dont wish to be opened because of the smell dead bodies make ( so i am told lol).
So you have the rats chasing the rats ......
Name me one president or vice president or department head who hasnt got some dark secret from some wrong doing or criminal activity which they have partaken or witnessed which they have not reported or divulged.
Power is built on the backs of others. Whether it be money made in stocks or gromets made in some basement in a far away place ....
I am not a trump supporter ...... but i certainly dont think for one minute hillary would have been any better or more credible.
On that hill, there is blood everywhere .... a little seen but most hidden away, out of sight, of we the public.
I had to smile when someone made the comment about freedom of speech being one of the republicans constitutional priorities (my words) being a democrat supporter, no one uses that freedom of speech more and loosely than a democrat but that is just mho.
Trump has some power ... i think they call it executive power but the real power is the people in behind the scenes. These are the ones who make the real important decisions, that play on a scale we have no concept.
Trump is a figurehead, which the public is permitted (voting) to partake upon. And the public has spoken .... i think it is an indication of the populations anger and desires. They may have failed but would hilary and the democrats been any better? Cause we all know, same shit but just a different boat and for most of us, it is about what is in it for me.
Jmho and i enjoy reading your comments and gaining the knowledge of your perceptions and insights.
Thank you

I have just read the past 13 pages and the one thing i can say I have noticed, is how each poster here has their own agenda. Since i havent met any of you ( although i once offered zeke a house to use when he needed a place a few years ago) i have imagined your personalities and traits from these postings. My conclusions concerning most of you is one of obvious respect and admiration for your mostly intelligent and introspective perceptions on the matters of this post.
This is just mho and i am obviously not as well versed or learned as many of you who post here but doesnt this whole Trump discussion strike you as comical and sad.
I think that habsy is right when he made the point of a slippery slope as far as lawyer/client privledge. Kind of reminds me of a jack in the box, open the box (taking all of the lawyers records) and whatever jumps out, take it and run.
Another point which i find absolutely hilarious is that every single one of the persons in charge of the investigation themselves have closets they dont wish to be opened because of the smell dead bodies make ( so i am told lol).
So you have the rats chasing the rats ......
Name me one president or vice president or department head who hasnt got some dark secret from some wrong doing or criminal activity which they have partaken or witnessed which they have not reported or divulged.
Power is built on the backs of others. Whether it be money made in stocks or gromets made in some basement in a far away place ....
I am not a trump supporter ...... but i certainly dont think for one minute hillary would have been any better or more credible.
On that hill, there is blood everywhere .... a little seen but most hidden away, out of sight, of we the public.
I had to smile when someone made the comment about freedom of speech being one of the republicans constitutional priorities (my words) being a democrat supporter, no one uses that freedom of speech more and loosely than a democrat but that is just mho.
Trump has some power ... i think they call it executive power but the real power is the people in behind the scenes. These are the ones who make the real important decisions, that play on a scale we have no concept.
Trump is a figurehead, which the public is permitted (voting) to partake upon. And the public has spoken .... i think it is an indication of the populations anger and desires. They may have failed but would hilary and the democrats been any better? Cause we all know, same shit but just a different boat and for most of us, it is about what is in it for me.
Jmho and i enjoy reading your comments and gaining the knowledge of your perceptions and insights.
Thank you

offer still good?

But wait, we are talking about covering up criminal activity here. What is the public policy argument for solicitor client privilege protecting that?

You literally only have to worry about "treading" if you are utilizing your lawyer under the false belief that it shields you from prosecution.

It can. Opinion papers add a layer of protection. I'll leave it at that.

Americans jumped that shark a long time ago.

See something say something, strip searches at airports, patriot act, CC cameras, all in the name of "security".

In any event, solicitor-client privilege does not include covering up a crime, or participating in a crime.

So...Cohen tries to avoid showing up for court and initially refuses to name a 3rd client as required by the warrant.

Judge gives Cohen until 2 EST to show up in court or he was issuing a warrant. Cohen shows up shortly before the deadline. The 3rd client is now being reported to be.

Mother****ing drumroll please

Sean Hannity.

Soooo. Cohen is a "lawyer" in the strictest sense of the term, but really he's a professional fixer. What did he fix for Hannity?

So...Cohen tries to avoid showing up for court and initially refuses to name a 3rd client as required by the warrant.

Judge gives Cohen until 2 EST to show up in court or he was issuing a warrant. Cohen shows up shortly before the deadline. The 3rd client is now being reported to be.

Mother****ing drumroll please

Sean Hannity.

Soooo. Cohen is a "lawyer" in the strictest sense of the term, but really he's a professional fixer. What did he fix for Hannity?

Might as well DRAIN THE SWAMP

BREAKING: Attorney for Trump lawyer Michael Cohen says Cohen performed secret legal work for Fox News commentator Sean Hannity.

BREAKING: Attorney for Trump lawyer Michael Cohen says Cohen performed secret legal work for Fox News commentator Sean Hannity.

now this is getting fun.

now make with with the russian money links to hannity, jones and mcconnell, ryan.

Back