• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I change my opinion all the time ....
Habsy is really a closet leaf fan.....
No he isnt.
Yes he is
No he isnt.lol

The only problem i have with the fly over is that is canadas entire air force in one area.
Isn't that a bit worrisome

So here is an idea ..... maybe it already exists, i dont know.
So put a limit on a companies ability to market and lobby for contracts, commercial .... marketing.
Imagine if every single business could only use 20 million a year (just a number taken out of the air) for their marketing.
And out of that, any and all monies used to lobby governemnt officials comes out of that piece of pie.
No longer are the political parties able to reap huge windfalls for their votes. The corporations influence might becone secondary to the publics wishes.
The cap has to hurt. To make it more feasible for smaller companies and corporations to be able to compete, and to unfetter some of the backroom crap that goes on hopefully.
Make a penalty if one quarter of the yearly profits for a three year period, the penalty for going over.
Make the big business think twice about skirting the spirit of the constraints.
Sure it would hurt areas like the nhl and nba, mlb etc, but so what ...... how can we really feel sorry for someone who gets paid 20 million dollars a year for being able to hit a baseball, yet get up in arms when a doctor makes 1 million dollars for saving lives.
I know many here will think this idea as a untenable and novice view point, but it would be a start.
Jmho

DlFHCh5XsAA_nVJ.jpg

Admission numbers for Iraqis who helped the US government and are trying to come to the US as refugees
2016: ~5,100
2017: 3,000+
This year: 48

Pentagon raises alarm about sharp drop in Iraqi refugees coming to U.S.

The Pentagon is concerned that not providing safe haven to more of the Iraqis, many of whom interpreted and did other key tasks for U.S. forces, will harm national security by dissuading locals from cooperating with the United States in Iraq and other conflict zones, the officials said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-refugees-iraq-exclusi/exclusive-pentagon-raises-alarm-about-sharp-drop-in-iraqi-refugees-coming-to-u-s-idUSKCN1L51N9

Josh Margolin @JoshMargolin
4m
BREAKING: @MichaelCohen212 has reached a plea deal w feds, @GStephanopoulos reports. #MichaelCohen @SDNYnews @NewYorkFBI

Spencer Hsu @hsu_spencer
Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's office and attorneys for former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn are still not ready for sentencing, citing "status of investigation," and propose to update court Sept. 17. Likely pushes sentencing past Election Day.

Cohen to plead guilty to multiple counts of campaign finance violations, tax and bank fraud.

This is now a direct link to Trump’s campaign.

Last edited:
Back