• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Lol, the date of the statement is July 26th. I guess they've been holding onto this one until they needed it.

And I guess the N-Bomb tape was the something that made them need it.

DkqiqtVU0AAgFEF.jpg:large

the president is authorized to revoke the security clearances of people who criticize him?

interesting argument.

For anyone.

Just like he can declassify anything.

When he eventually declassifies the FISA document the left will go nuts.

You see, a President’s motives are irrelevant to his decisions. That is precisely why impeachment ability was also implemented with the constitution.

Lol, the date of the statement is July 26th. I guess they've been holding onto this one until they needed it.

And I guess the N-Bomb tape was the something that made them need it.

DkqiqtVU0AAgFEF.jpg:large

Great point. Another distraction.

For anyone.

Just like he can declassify anything.

When he eventually declassifies the FISA document the left will go nuts.

You see, a President’s motives are irrelevant to his decisions. That is precisely why impeachment ability was also implemented with the constitution.

this idea that the president can do whatever he wants and just lie about and nobody can or should say or do anthing about it is stupid and beneath you.

Radley Balko @radleybalko
1h
So Trump wants to yank Sally Yates’ clearance because “national security.” Recall that Yates warned Trump about Michael Flynn’s ties to Russia. As did others, who also noted his work for Turkey. Trump then gave Flynn *the most sensitive national security position in government.*

this idea that the president can do whatever he wants and just lie about and nobody can or should say or do anthing about it is stupid and beneath you.

Thinking about this emotionally and ethically is what’s stupid zeke. Never claimed to condone it. I’m very clear on what I do condone.

Because you live in this little utopian ideal bubble you fail to see the bigger picture. Trump has people telling him what he can and can’t do and the likely ramifications. He’s unscrupulous and he will use the powers afforded him. Being amoral is not illegal.

Elections have consequences.

Thinking about this emotionally and ethically is what’s stupid zeke. Never claimed to condone it. I’m very clear on what I do condone.

Because you live in this little utopian ideal bubble you fail to see the bigger picture. Trump has people telling him what he can and can’t do and the likely ramifications. He’s unscrupulous and he will use the powers afforded him. Being amoral is not illegal.

Not if Putin is involved....

Dictators are gonna dictate. At least Dotard isn't poisoning his enemies.....yet.

Donnie also does not care what anyone thinks.

I disagree there. I think he really cares which explains the incessant tweeting. What he is though is a child that can’t take it when someone challenges or dislikes him.

Pure narcissist.

I disagree there. I think he really cares which explains the incessant tweeting. What he is though is a child that can’t take it when someone challenges or dislikes him.

Pure narcissist.
Yeah if he didn't care he wouldn't erupt over everything. I think he just refuses to believe that people can have opposing viewpoints or not like him.

He's always been a narcissistic, thin skinned, shameless, immoral jerk off. Now he's one of those, but with a healthy dose of cognitive decline/dementia.

Pure narcissist.

which is going to make the knowledge that this whole thing has made him one of the great buffoons of history, forevermore, instead of a minor cultural footnote that much harder to take.

Pure narcissist.

in the context of him firing people, taking away clearances etc he does not care

you are right, he does love it when he gets good comments and then loves you, he hates you if you question him

Omarosa is proof positive there. She’s kissed his ass for years and he gave her opportunities she was not qualified for (especially the WH) but did so because she would say anything he wanted to anyone anywhere. She butted heads with Kelly and he fired her. She then started trashing Trump instead and now she’s a “dog”, “lowlife” etc.

News flash, she always was out for herself. The fact she even got a job in the administration is head shaking. Just another in a long line. Gorka, Bannon (real lowlife there), scaramucci etc.

Flint still doesn't have clean water and Puerto Rico still doesn't have stable electricity, but Trump's parade has ballooned in cost to 92 million

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/tru...d-to-cost-80-million-more-than-estimated.html

President Donald Trump's military parade this fall is shaping up to cost $80 million more than initially estimated.

The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million.

A Pentagon spokesman said in an email to CNBC that the Defense Department expects to make an announcement soon, but he would not comment further. The White House referred questions to the Defense Department.

Is there any chance that ol' Bone Spurs doesn't piss all over the military by wearing a uniform to his parade?

Back