Page 5214 of 5338 FirstFirst ... 4214471451145164520452125213521452155216522452645314 ... LastLast
Results 104,261 to 104,280 of 106749

Thread: OT: American Politics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: American Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Lucy and the football.
    You seriously won't believe that any of this is legit until 10 minutes after Trump is in handcuffs.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    ABC13 Houston @abc13houston
    FANS TURN ON WILLIE: Country singer @WillieNelson was called just about every name in the book after announcing he's playing during an upcoming rally for Texas Democratic Senate candidate @BetoORourke. abc13.co/2N6zjLw
    Yeah, Willie doesn't give a shit.

As an aside, who in the **** did they think Willie is? Did they really think that he's the type to support Ted ****ing Cruz?
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...281179137?s=19

Paul Manafort has pleaded guilty to charges of Conspiracy Against The United States and Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice (Witness Tampering). https://t.co/BBYTQNUyDA

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    You seriously won't believe that any of this is legit until 10 minutes after Trump is in handcuffs.
    Correct.

I think this is all bullshit. I just don't believe people that high up will pay any sort of price, it will always be people like Manafort and not the top dogs.

I have every reason to be jaded, Washington has so many skeletons it looks like a Tim Burton movie. I think that Trump will get off with nary a legal issue at all. It's how that shithole town works.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Correct.

I think this is all bullshit. I just don't believe people that high up will pay any sort of price, it will always be people like Manafort and not the top dogs.

I have every reason to be jaded, Washington has so many skeletons it looks like a Tim Burton movie. I think that Trump will get off with nary a legal issue at all. It's how that shithole town works.
    I'd agree with you, but the fact that they now have Manafort cooperating, it makes you wonder how many more links up the chain can they go?

I do agree with you that I still doubt we'll ever get the picture of Trump be walked away in handcuffs for his part of this mess, but they're not stopping going up the ladder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artnes View Post
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...281179137?s=19

Paul Manafort has pleaded guilty to charges of Conspiracy Against The United States and Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice (Witness Tampering). https://t.co/BBYTQNUyDA

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Correct.

I think part of your problem is that you don't see Manafort as someone "up high". He's literally one of the most connected political operators in the world. The only people potentially involved in all of this that are more important, more connected, are Trump and Pence.

Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for a Tweet storm!
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeafBlueJayBoy View Post
    Get ready for a Tweet storm!
    Flipping should be illegal!!!

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/09/1...-pardon-proof/

CHECKMATE: THE MANAFORT COOPERATION IS PARDON PROOF

I was virtually certain that the plea deal Manafort is pleading to today would include cooperation — and I was correct. Andrew Weissmann told Amy Berman Jackson that the deal does require Manafort cooperation.

I was certain not just because of the tease in the Special Counsel announcement, above, that additional information would be forthcoming.

But the fact that no media outlet was able to confirm whether or not the plea would include cooperation could only be possible if Mueller had made silence about that fact part of the deal. Otherwise, Manafort’s lawyers would have confirmed that it included no cooperation to placate the President. As it was, no one outside of the deal knew that the plea did include cooperation until Manafort was already pleading guilty.

And at this point, the deal is pardon proof. That was part of keeping the detail secret: to prevent a last minute pardon from Trump undercutting it.

Here’s why this deal is pardon proof:

1.Mueller spent the hour and a half delay in arraignment doing … something. It’s possible Manafort even presented the key parts of testimony Mueller needs from him to the grand jury this morning.

2.The forfeiture in this plea is both criminal and civil, meaning DOJ will be able to get Manafort’s $46 million even with a pardon.
    Some of the dismissed charges are financial ones that can be charged in various states.

3.Remember, back in January, Trump told friends and aides that Manafort could incriminate him (the implication was that only Manafort could). I believe Mueller needed Manafort to describe what happened in a June 7, 2016 meeting between the men, in advance of the June 9 meeting. I have long suspected there was another meeting at which Manafort may be the only other Trump aide attendee.

And Manafort has probably already provided evidence on whatever Mueller needed.

So here’s what Robert Mueller just did: He sewed up the key witness to implicate the President, and he paid for the entire investigation. And it’s only now lunch time.
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Eamon Javers
    @EamonJavers
    The president’s legal team put out an initial statement that said: “the President did nothing wrong and Paul Manafort will tell the truth.” Minutes later, they put out a new statement that said simply: “the President did nothing wrong.”
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

#FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Whaaaaaaat the heck?
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Eamon Javers
    @EamonJavers
    The president’s legal team put out an initial statement that said: “the President did nothing wrong and Paul Manafort will tell the truth.” Minutes later, they put out a new statement that said simply: “the President did nothing wrong.”
    #FreeVladdy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think part of your problem is that you don't see Manafort as someone "up high". He's literally one of the most connected political operators in the world. The only people potentially involved in all of this that are more important, more connected, are Trump and Pence.
    I think part of your problem is that you believe there is justice in America.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

He has the thinnest skin of anyone in history. And his TWitter rants are why he gets roasted. Lay off Twitter and it'll get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Willie doesn't give a shit.

As an aside, who in the **** did they think Willie is? Did they really think that he's the type to support Ted ****ing Cruz?
    Willie is the shit. I love hearing about his giant trailer full of weed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think part of your problem is that you believe there is justice in America.
    The one analogue we have for this situation led to a sitting President resigning so that he could get out of town a half step ahead of an indictment.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a juicy tidbit speculating that dotard is but a stepping stone and there are bigger targets to be exposed. Bank records...

Page 5214 of 5338 FirstFirst ... 4214471451145164520452125213521452155216522452645314 ... LastLast