• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Anyway, we’ve had this argument multiple times. You’re not interested in opposing points of view. If you feel you can’t change someone’s mind you turn to your default mocking.

If you want to discuss the caravan then I’m willing. Otherwise, have a nice day.

you know, the more that I think about it, the more I think the greatest travesty of the Trump administration is how the GOP basically let him take over the party. nobody in Congress has the balls to stand up to this guy on pretty much anything. it's totally shameful. the US system needs Congress to hold the President to account, but the GOP Congress have totally caved to the buffoon. and I'm not sure where the Republican party can go after Trump other than doubling down on the lunatic fringe.

Anyway, we’ve had this argument multiple times. You’re not interested in opposing points of view. If you feel you can’t change someone’s mind you turn to your default mocking.

If you want to discuss the caravan then I’m willing. Otherwise, have a nice day.

bothsidesing is not presenting an opposing view, it is deflecting.

Bothsides sets a baseline dum dum. There are plenty of things that Washington does, on both sides. What you try to do with #bothsides is negate one sides actions by crying the other side is worse. It’s you that doesn’t debate the point. You ignore any form of baseline.

Canadians are probably not far off -- I know quite a few people who donate $5 weekly to their office Lotto Max fund. That's $260/yr right there.

biggest scam ever

i dont care if i win the lotto or not but i do not want to be the only guy a work that did not win the lotto

the fear is real

Bothsides sets a baseline dum dum. There are plenty of things that Washington does, on both sides. What you try to do with #bothsides is negate one sides actions by crying the other side is worse. It’s you that doesn’t debate the point. You ignore any form of baseline.

You can discuss those idiotic trump tweets without deflecting by attacking dems.

but you chose not to, as per usual.

you know, the more that I think about it, the more I think the greatest travesty of the Trump administration is how the GOP basically let him take over the party. nobody in Congress has the balls to stand up to this guy on pretty much anything. it's totally shameful. the US system needs Congress to hold the President to account, but the GOP Congress have totally caved to the buffoon. and I'm not sure where the Republican party can go after Trump other than doubling down on the lunatic fringe.

Anyone who pisses him off gets attacked by him over twitter and they lose their nomination battle to the more pro trump candidate.

The only ones who "survive" this are those about to die or those who choose to not stand for reelection. Everyone else is vulnerable to being kicked out of their seat by a more loyal trump candidate. Congress knows this, and the president knows this. Trunks brand and loyal legion can destroy any one individual in congress as fast as he can tweet.

You can discuss those idiotic trump tweets without deflecting by attacking dems.

Horseshit. Reread my posts.

Honestly though, you’re exhausting. We have fundamentally differing beliefs. That won’t change. The difference is that you believe yours to be the only correct one.

I will. Once you start attacking Dems on their follies.

Oh right, you think they don’t have any.

Horseshit. Reread my posts.

Honestly though, you’re exhausting. We have fundamentally differing beliefs. That won’t change. The difference is that you believe yours to be the only correct one.

bothsidesing is not presenting or discussing differing beliefs.

it's just a deflection.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ates-have-republican-legislatures/1694273002/

....What you see is exactly the reverse of our cultural mythology: Heading into midterms, Republicans are very much the party of the poor and Democrats are the party of the rich. This seemingly sounds nuts. It isn’t. Thirty-two states have Republican-controlled legislatures.

Eighteen of the 19 poorest states have legislatures where both chambers are Republican controlled. New Mexico (46th richest, fifth poorest) is Democratic. But there isn’t another blue or purple state until you get to purple Maine (31st richest, 20th poorest) with its “split” legislature of one party in each chamber. All the states in between (such as Tennessee and Florida) are Republican, both chambers. So is Michigan, where Republicans hold all high state offices (where Donald Trump won in 2016). Above New Mexico, you jump all the way to middle of the pack Vermont (27th richest, 24th poorest) to find a state with both legislative chambers held by Democrats.

But all five richest states have both legislative chambers controlled by Democrats – Maryland, New Jersey, Hawaii, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Overall, Democrats dominate the 20 richest states.

Conventional wisdom has long proclaimed Republicans the party of the rich and Democrats the party of the poor! Forty years ago that was largely true. The poor almost everywhere elected Democrats. That is how most media portray it now.

But media are almost solely big-city based, where the conventional wisdom remains true. Democrats are the party of the urban poor – from Boston to Los Angeles. But at the grassroots level, overall, it isn’t so. Republicans, overall, own America’s low-to-no income vote. Media simply don’t report what they don’t live in and see....

bothsidesing is not presenting or discussing differing beliefs.

it's just a deflection.

It most certainly is not. And with this post we may have figured out the disconnect, you may think that you know how other people think but it’s obvious you do not.

biggest scam ever

i dont care if i win the lotto or not but i do not want to be the only guy a work that did not win the lotto

the fear is real

exactly...when I paid into it, I viewed it as a form of insurance against all my co-workers winning.

It most certainly is not. And with this post we may have figured out the disconnect, you may think that you know how other people think but it’s obvious you do not.

"trump just made up BS about middle easterners in the caravan, and is blaming dems for it"

"but look how mean the dems are to trump!"

You can try to cherry pick specifics and I can waste time finding counter issues to nitpick. It's counter productive. Especially since I do not agree with what Trump is doing.

Here's why I think you're wrong habsy,

IMO, the Left's main thing is letting people be...all the lgbt stuff stems from the left yes? White, black, purple, christian, muslim, jew...they want everybody.

IMO, the main thing on the Right is Fundamental Christians...who do NOT want people to think differently than them.

This is why I see this fight as bigger than gop vs the Dems... Fundamental Christians seem to believe it is their god-given right to tell us all how to live, how to be taught, what to read...I am curious as to why this stuff isn't more important to you?

Here's why I think you're wrong habsy,

IMO, the Left's main thing is letting people be...all the lgbt stuff stems from the left yes? White, black, purple, christian, muslim, jew...they want everybody.

IMO, the main thing on the Right is Fundamental Christians...who do NOT want people to think differently than them.

This is why I see this fight as bigger than gop vs the Dems... Fundamental Christians seem to believe it is their god-given right to tell us all how to live, how to be taught, what to read...I am curious as to why this stuff isn't more important to you?

As a libertarian, one would imagine it would bug habsy more.

Back