• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Senator Bob Menendez

@SenatorMenendez
Just read the FBI report on Kavanaugh - if that’s an investigation, it’s a bullshit investigation.
4:02 PM - Oct 4, 2018

Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, a lifelong Republican, told a small crowd in Boca Raton that Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s performance at confirmation hearings should disqualify him. “The Senators should pay attention to this.” pic.twitter.com/LdsJTuPGIx

— Lulu Ramadan (@luluramadan) October 4, 2018

Stevens said he once thought Kavanaugh “had the qualifications” to be a Supreme Court justice and even lauded Kavanaugh in one of his books for a ruling on political contributions. “His performance in the hearings changed my mind.” https://t.co/6XWBJjWWxS

Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, a lifelong Republican, told a small crowd in Boca Raton that Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s performance at confirmation hearings should disqualify him. “The Senators should pay attention to this.” pic.twitter.com/LdsJTuPGIx

Stevens said he once thought Kavanaugh “had the qualifications” to be a Supreme Court justice and even lauded Kavanaugh in one of his books for a ruling on political contributions. “His performance in the hearings changed my mind.” https://t.co/6XWBJjWWxS

Him getting in is a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:

I agree with the old guy.

Well worth the read if you have time. It’s not about Kavanaugh, it’s about China.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...ny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

Apple says Bloomberg got it wrong.

>Apple never had any contact with the FBI or any other agency about such an incident. We are not aware of any investigation by the FBI, nor are our contacts in law enforcement.

In response to Bloomberg’s latest version of the narrative, we present the following facts: Siri and Topsy never shared servers; Siri has never been deployed on servers sold to us by Super Micro; and Topsy data was limited to approximately 2,000 Super Micro servers, not 7,000. None of those servers have ever been found to hold malicious chips.

As a matter of practice, before servers are put into production at Apple they are inspected for security vulnerabilities and we update all firmware and software with the latest protections. We did not uncover any unusual vulnerabilities in the servers we purchased from Super Micro when we updated the firmware and software according to our standard procedures.

We are deeply disappointed that in their dealings with us, Bloomberg’s reporters have not been open to the possibility that they or their sources might be wrong or misinformed. Our best guess is that they are confusing their story with a previously-reported 2016 incident in which we discovered an infected driver on a single Super Micro server in one of our labs. That one-time event was determined to be accidental and not a targeted attack against Apple.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/10/what-businessweek-got-wrong-about-apple/

Trump prefers assaulters who don't pay the price.

ROCHESTER, Minn. — President Trump mocked former senator Al Franken Thursday night for resigning from Congress so quickly after he was accused of sexual harassment and groping women, marking the president’s most recent contentious comments about the #MeToo movement.

“Boy, did he fold up like a wet rag, huh? Man. Man. He was gone so fast. I don’t want to mention Al Franken’s name, okay? So I won’t mention it. He was gone so fast. It was like, oh, he did something. ‘Oh, oh, oh, I resign. I quit, I quit.’ Wow. He was gone and he was replaced by somebody that nobody ever heard of. Her name is Tina Smith,” Trump told the Minnesota crowd to cheers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-mocks-al-franken-for-resigning-quickly-amid-sexual-harassment-allegations/2018/10/04/cfc54024-c803-11e8-b1ed-1d2d65b86d0c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4120357611d0

Last edited:
Wake me up when Trump actually speaks publicly and doesn’t mock someone stupidly. Now that would be news.

Trump is really changing politics forever. Did anyone think a person could say these things and then it's forgotten in 6 hours and we are into the next controversy?
I had to hear for 5 years what a shocker a blowjob was in the whitehouse and that was the end of the world.

What scares me is that I genuinely do think Trump is a mentally ill, incompetent moron.

So imagine if someone who's actually highly intelligent and a good strategist decides to give the Trump formula a try?

well, we know that the modern american world is really all about marketing and branding, and no longer about substance any more.

so Trump is just peak americana.

What scares me is that I genuinely do think Trump is a mentally ill, incompetent moron.

So imagine if someone who's actually highly intelligent and a good strategist decides to give the Trump formula a try?

I'm trying to think of someone who has created enough of a brand before entering politics who could just ride that to the white house before engaging in the level of outright lies and propaganda that we see from Trump with a complete and total lack of anything approaching shame, able to create two or three controversies a day to overload the general public from paying too much attention who is highly intelligent and a good strategist.

Zuckerburg?

well, we know that the modern american world is really all about marketing and branding, and no longer about substance any more.

so Trump is just peak americana.

He’s definitely a product of the American “system”.

Back