• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

uT5Th59.jpg

Emily Nussbaum @emilynussbaum
25m
The Wallace interview with Putin is worth watching. Among other intense moments, he responds to a q about kompromat with a long aria about what a total nobody Trump was when he visited Russia—rich, but other men were so much richer, why would they even bother to entrap him?

18m
It’s the perfect insult to Trump, disguised as denial of blackmail. It also doubles as an explanation of why they’d have control over him: he was broke.

16m
(It’s also a complete lie: they absolutely entrap “nobodies” — and Trump has had political aspirations since the 80s.)

This is the same defense Trump uses when accused of sexual assault. "Why would I assault her? She's ugly."

Good for the few conservatives acknowledging what is actually going on here. Could you imagine what Trumps supporters would have said about Obama if he were as much of a lightweight with Putin and Un?

HansNichols @HansNichols
22m
JUST IN: Rod Rosenstein was summoned to the WH today, four days after he indicted 12 Russian Intelligence Officers. He was seen leaving the WH at 11:28AM. Unclear if he met with President Trump, who is still in the residence and hasn't showed up in the West Wing this morning.

Re: OT: American Polit

Magnitsky Act on steroids. Expand, scale and scope. Name a huge swath of the ruling elite and the kleptocrats. The properties in London and the South of France, the bank accounts, yachts, etc. And no kids going to university in the US or the UK.

Wanna be Patriotic Russians? Keep your ill-gotten billions and your vile little pishers in Moscow. Keep them trapped in their own dour arctic resource colony.

We’ll watch the resultant knife fight from a distance.

And tighten the rest of the sanctions.

Germans need to promote alternative energy...

The only danger is that the winner of the knife fight might not be as nice as Putin and would have the 2nd largest nuclear arsenal on the planet. But they break long, long before it gets that far. That group of Oligarchs is not watching their power and money go down the drain for the sake of just about anything.

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/14/politics/donald-trump-mh17-plane-russians/index.html

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump doesn't believe there is enough evidence to blame pro-Russian separatists for last year's downing of a commercial airliner over Ukraine -- despite the fact that the U.S. intelligence community believes "with confidence" that pro-Russian separatists shot it down.
"That's a horrible thing that happened," he said. "It's disgusting and disgraceful but Putin and Russia say they didn't do it, the other side said they did, no one really knows who did it, probably Putin knows who did it. Possibly it was Russia but they are totally denying it."

All I have to say is Trump better cover up his mess with actions. If he reduces sanctions he's done for. If anything, he needs to increase sanctions to recover using the actions speak louder than words defense. Something tells me stronger sanctions aren't coming though. I rewatched that presser and man, I'm still slack jawed.

All I have to say is Trump better cover up his mess with actions. If he reduces sanctions he's done for. If anything, he needs to increase sanctions to recover using the actions speak louder than words defense. Something tells me stronger sanctions aren't coming though. I rewatched that presser and man, I'm still slack jawed.

Mother****er please. He doesn't need to do shit. The forces of stupidity and MAGA!!! are already aligning to protect their boy. Try not to get caught up in their narrative again.

Mother****er please. He doesn't need to do shit. The forces of stupidity and MAGA!!! are already aligning to protect their boy. Try not to get caught up in their narrative again.

He most certainly has to do something. Those aligning to protect him aren't nearly enough for him to win again. He needs to do damage control. "Mr. I'm so tough" looked like a wet dog. How hard is it to say "I really don't care about your denials, we know you did it. Don't ****ing do it again or there will be hell to pay". That is the sort of bravado Trump portrays to his allies, I guess his real foes scare him.

He most certainly has to do something. Those aligning to protect him aren't nearly enough for him to win again. He needs to do damage control.

Yeah, you keep talking about this circus like normal rules apply to it.

"Mr. I'm so tough" looked like a wet dog. How hard is it to say "I really don't care about your denials, we know you did it. Don't ****ing do it again or there will be hell to pay". That is the sort of bravado Trump portrays to his allies, I guess his real foes scare him.

He's a scumbag bully who was known as a greasy scumbag bully when your country elected him. Of course he's afraid of people who are actually dangerous. He's completely bitch made. This "tough guy business leader" persona was invented for him by TV people. He's playing a ****ing reality TV character, all we're missing is the laugh track whenever he falls down and shits himself.

Putin almost never ****ing smiles but there it is...at the same time and place that Donald looks like he's taking the perp walk.

Weird.

I'm seriously at a loss and my brain hurts when that happens. Sure Russia has nukes, we get it. Nuclear treaties are important for obvious reasons but to bend over for a country that has the GDP of NY State and smaller than Italy?

I think Trump sees himself as a new Ronald Reagan and wants his Gorbachev. That **** is no Ronnie Raygun. In fact, I'm pretty sure Ronnie's bones just spontaneously combusted after Trump sided with the Russians. Reagan would have literally shit jelly beans over this.

Last edited:
I'm seriously at a loss and my brain hurts when that happens. Sure Russia has nukes, we get it. Nuclear treaties are inportant for obvious reasons but to bend over for a country that has the GDP of NY State and smaller than Italy?

I think Trump sees himself as a new Ronald Reagan and wants his Gorbachev. That **** is no Ronnie Raygun. In fact, I'm pretty sure Ronnie's bones just spontaneously combusted after Trump sided with the Russians. Reagan would have literally shit jelly beans over this.

I think you're over thinking it, and that the narrative that makes the most sense is the one that you've railed against for ~24 months now.

Back