• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Yep. Although presumably if there was a critical issue, there's enough people at the DOD or in other branches that would make sure that he did the right thing.

One would think.

but considering how situations may have but minutes to respond, the President needing to be convinced to do the right thing for 10-20 minutes might lead to disaster.

So you’re saying your game is lacking with French women?

I wisely learned the limitations of my game with french women from years of experience in Montreal.

It was more than a little amusing watching English guys from the rest of Canada falter with french women for the first time while on basic training in St Jean.

Thankfully my game worked just fine with english montrealers and women from the rest of the country. Married a nice woman from ottawa. French chicks, hot, but not worth the trouble.

I kind of though so as well, love them at football games.

But to the easily offended like mindz, I can see how they are frightening loud war machines that have no place in modern society.

Heh, "easily offended"

Mindz: I don't think machines of war need to be paraded, it looks pretty tin pot dictatory, but appropriate and solemn parades to show love for troops past and present are more than okay by me

You: but muh military!!!!!

Also Mindz: Robots are coming for your steering wheel, it's inevitable and a massive improvement in public safety

Also you: FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!! GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION NEEDED!!!!VROOM VROOM!!!!!

But yeah, I'm the one who gets easily bent out of shape here.

Heh, "easily offended"

Mindz: I don't think machines of war need to be paraded, it looks pretty tin pot dictatory, but appropriate and solemn parades to show love for troops past and present are more than okay by me

You: but muh military!!!!!

Also Mindz: Robots are coming for your steering wheel, it's inevitable and a massive improvement in public safety

Also you: FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!! GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION NEEDED!!!!VROOM VROOM!!!!!

But yeah, I'm the one who gets easily bent out of shape here.

Im going to wait a few weeks to see what your opinion officially turns to as opposed to wasting my time talking your current opinion.

I love that Altair still thinks a change of opinion is somehow a negative.

Thing is, I didn't change my opinion. I said that Lee wasn't a founding father type figure who had a massive record of achievement to be weighed against being the best general for the second place team in a war largely over slavery. I didn't state what my opinion was of the FF's, just accepted that a conversation on the topic of taking down their monuments would be valid where I didn't find any Lee counter arguments to be remotely valid, there's just no achievements to measure against the infamy imo. They were arguing slippery slope and I don't think Lee should be at the top of that metaphorical hill. Slippery slope would be a non traitor, who wasn't supporting a slave state having monuments removed because of historic crimes. Andrew Jackson for example, would be a much better slippery slope test. Call me when that nutter is having his monuments removed. Legit scumbag, slaveowner, but was a President.

He's pulled a straw man out on me because he didn't understand my argument, despite reading it twice.

I don't have enough depth of knowledge about the specific "crimes" of the FF's to say how I would feel about any sort of movement to remove monuments to them. But the threshold would have to be significantly higher than that of jim crow era masturbatory southern fantasies about the confederacy.

It's apparently Altair's thing when dealing with me now. I see that Habsy called him out for it earlier today. Don't like an argument? Change it and argue against that one.

Last edited:
Oh, so now you've changed your opinion again.

Seriously though. Whether you changed your opinion in this particular case or not doesn't change the fact that it's funny that someone would view a change of opinion as a negative.

Oh, so now you've changed your opinion again.

Seriously though. Whether you changed your opinion in this particular case or not doesn't change the fact that it's funny that someone would view a change of opinion as a negative.

Well don't you know it's a character flaw to ever take in new information and change your mind?

Back