• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I think you're giving him too much credit here. He's made his business career on bullying and litigating (which he believes is part of "negotiating"). I don't think he thinks the response of his opponents through, or cares. He just knows that he wants something, and he starts leaning on his "opponent" until he gets what he wants.

Works great on getting plumbing contractors to settle on 70% of the bill. Likely will work less great when dealing with Xi.

Yeah. I think articulating Dotard's inner monologue is a fool's errand. I didn't think he would jeopardize market action (one of the ways he gloats is by repeating the action in the DOW ) but he's jabbing away with needless tariff tweets that worry Wall St. One day, the "buy the dip" crowd won't show up and will choose to lock in profits instead.

life is much easier for GOP congressmen when a dem is potus.

if Trump is going to lose, they'll race to get ahead of it and be the rigtlhteous warriors who stopped him and saved conservatism.

I think you're giving him too much credit here. He's made his business career on bullying and litigating (which he believes is part of "negotiating"). I don't think he thinks the response of his opponents through, or cares. He just knows that he wants something, and he starts leaning on his "opponent" until he gets what he wants.

Works great on getting plumbing contractors to settle on 70% of the bill. Likely will work less great when dealing with Xi.

He is going to kill democracies.

If he goes full trade war on canada if we don't budge on nafta for example, our economy contracts 1.8 percent.

Hundreds of thousands of job losses.

He can single handedly destroy trudeau. Xi and china, no, canada and trudeau, yes. Same with Europe.

I really don't think the 30% will budge on anything. That 30% is energized and appears to have weaponized their votes against any Republican who speaks out against Dear Leader.

So I don't think it matters what Trump blames it on, they'll buy it and punish any Republican who claims that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

This is one of my fave tweets

@ReformedBroker
Funny how people can spend their whole lives practicing religion and attending services, and then the Devil himself arrives and they throw themselves at his feet.

more interesting is that Trump is threatening this massive trade me war while at the same time going all in on saving ZTE (which senate just shut down).

how much money do you think Trump is personlly making off this ZTE scam?

not a good night for the stock ZTE

DgBPhBpUcAABS8a.jpg:large

right on cue:

Retweet
More options
The Associated Press @AP
1m
BREAKING: Chinese state media say North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is visiting China from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Retweet

He is going to kill democracies.

If he goes full trade war on canada if we don't budge on nafta for example, our economy contracts 1.8 percent.

Hundreds of thousands of job losses.

He can single handedly destroy trudeau. Xi and china, no, canada and trudeau, yes. Same with Europe.

Nah, I don't think the base in the swing states (Ohio, Penn, Florida, etc) are willing to tighten their belts to tear this down. They were promised this was going to be easy. As soon as the pain actually sets in, they'll buckle and Trump will buckle.

I've maintained from the onset that what Trump says matters. He doesn't speak in metaphor. Every ounce of horseshit that comes out of his mouth is one of two things, a convenient lie or an actual belief. The challenge is parsing between the two, there's no 6D underwater connect 4 going on. He believes this will be easy, his base believes him. It won't be easy, and they'll buckle.

Relax everyone. Laura Ingraham from State Television News just described child detention centers as "essentially summer camps"

This is one of my fave tweets

@ReformedBroker
Funny how people can spend their whole lives practicing religion and attending services, and then the Devil himself arrives and they throw themselves at his feet.

They've also become almost entirely transactional over the last couple of decades. They want "freedom" to educate their kids to their goofy beliefs, they want "freedom" to discriminate against teh gheys and now the trans saxuals, and they want the "freedom" to control women's reproductive rights.

They're willing to lie to themselves in all other things if they reasonably believe they will receive those things, aka, if America is to be made "godly" again. They're Talibangelicals, and they're playing a long game.

It’s a reactionary counter-revolution and they’re playing for keeps. Totally bananas, obviously, but they’ve done a lot of damage and will do much worse if they aren’t checked.

Relax everyone. Laura Ingraham from State Television News just described child detention centers as "essentially summer camps"

Why are they even trying to soften the message with this absurd comment? Their loser base relishes the the idea of hurting brown children and everyone else thinks they’re scumbags. The dumb bitch needs to own her Dotard overlord’s policy.

Why are they even trying to soften the message with this absurd comment? Their loser base relishes the the idea of hurting brown children and everyone else thinks they’re scumbags. The dumb bitch need to own her Dotard overlord’s policy.

they do what they always do - float every single narrative they can think of, wait to see which one resonates, then go all in.

Nah, I don't think the base in the swing states (Ohio, Penn, Florida, etc) are willing to tighten their belts to tear this down. They were promised this was going to be easy. As soon as the pain actually sets in, they'll buckle and Trump will buckle.

I've maintained from the onset that what Trump says matters. He doesn't speak in metaphor. Every ounce of horseshit that comes out of his mouth is one of two things, a convenient lie or an actual belief. The challenge is parsing between the two, there's no 6D underwater connect 4 going on. He believes this will be easy, his base believes him. It won't be easy, and they'll buckle.

How much pain can canada bear?

Auto tariffs would kill southern ontario.

It’s a reactionary counter-revolution and they’re playing for keeps. Totally bananas, obviously, but they’ve done a lot of damage and will do much worse if they aren’t checked.

exactly. when shit moves fast (secularism X globalization X tech) it's difficult to keep it moving straight, especially if you ignore the economic losers in the transition

Back