• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

With this president, there is no deep reasoning for anything happening. Its the opposite of machiavelli, in this case, what is the simplest explaination for him doing anything, and that's probably it.

I don’t believe that entirely. I think Trump has plenty of Machiavellian plans drummed up by the likes of Stephen Miller.

Nick Riccardi @NickRiccardi
NYT reports that, rather than separating children from parents, the Trump administration will hold children indefinitely with their parents, violating a court settlement and inevitably triggering a legal challenge nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/…

mother****ers.

The Hill @thehill
19s
#BREAKING: Senate rejects Trump plan to cut billions from children's health insurance program hill.cm/tK7h86y

You didn’t expect him to do otherwise did you? He’s not worried about what his detractors say, he’s worried about his base. This will play with them.

The court challenges will come very quickly on this. The second a kid is detained with their parents for over 20 days he’s toast.

He’s probably banking on congress doing something within 3 weeks.

Nick Riccardi @NickRiccardi
NYT reports that, rather than separating children from parents, the Trump administration will hold children indefinitely with their parents, violating a court settlement and inevitably triggering a legal challenge nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/…

mother****ers.

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins
To be clear, President Trump doesn’t have to sign an executive order to end the separation of families on the border.

lol.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1
5m
Michael Cohen resigns as deputy finance chair of the RNC's Finance Committee, sources tell ABC News. abcn.ws/2tbm28A

John Santucci @JTSantucci
1m
WOW- Cohen takes swipe at Trump- "...the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching,” Cohen wrote to RNC. “While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips." abcn.ws/2ys01XR

I think Mikey is projecting a bit here, as he's have his ability to see his children every day as a free man dangled in front of his face by prosecutors right now.

He's cracking.

OT - I had a lengthy stay in a hospital once and heard all sorts of Emergency codes over the PA system. Knew about Code Red & Code Blue from TV programs but then heard a Code Yellow which was unknown to me. I asked a nurse what that was for & she said for "missing patient". I'm *hoping* it was a person that just left the premises on their own before 'checking-out at the front desk' or somebody just going for a short walk outside (which I had seen a number of people do in a full hospital gown).

I've got this pit in the middle of my stomach waiting for the abuse allegations. I have little hope that something worse than we know didn't happen.

I read that they’re not even allowing siblings to hug in an attempt to avoid exactly that.

I think Mikey is projecting a bit here, as he's have his ability to see his children every day as a free man dangled in front of his face by prosecutors right now.

He's cracking.

I don’t know about that in this instance. It’s pretty indefensible. Even a slimeball like Cohen likely sees that.

I don’t know about that in this instance. It’s pretty indefensible. Even a slimeball like Cohen likely sees that.

Oh, it's absolutely indefensible. But a guy like Cohen, in a position like Cohen is in shouldn't be speaking out about anything that makes Trump look bad. It's a window into where their relationship is at and into where his head is at right now. The guy is a professional grease ball, morals have never mattered to him. But right now at this moment in time he's willing to forego "no comment" right when it seems least opportune for him?

It's not the siblings I'm worried about.
Yeah, I mean...the odds seem fairly good that people who'd choose to work as prison guards at child internment camps might not be the most morally upstanding human beings. Throw in the fact that the companies running these places have been fighting against any kind of oversight or inspections at every turn...and this could get even uglier.

Oh, it's absolutely indefensible. But a guy like Cohen, in a position like Cohen is in shouldn't be speaking out about anything that makes Trump look bad. It's a window into where their relationship is at and into where his head is at right now. The guy is a professional grease ball, morals have never mattered to him. But right now at this moment in time he's willing to forego "no comment" right when it seems least opportune for him?

he's sending a message. it's blackmail.

Brittany Packnett @MsPackyetti
1h
Perhaps the plan all along was to do a thing so egregious that, when you stop doing it, you still get to do what you wanted to do all along.

Detain entire families. Indefinitely. In camps.

And call it humane.

Brittany Packnett @MsPackyetti
1h
Perhaps the plan all along was to do a thing so egregious that, when you stop doing it, you still get to do what you wanted to do all along.

Detain entire families. Indefinitely. In camps.

And call it humane.

Yep, Machiavellian.

Back