• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller
BRUSSELS (AP) — French President Macron denies Trump claim that NATO powers agreed to increase defense spending beyond previous targets.

oh hey look Trump even lied about getting the remains of dead soldiers back.

remember, he said that many had ALREADY been returned - weeks ago.

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
Breaking: North Korean delegation did not show up at planned meeting with U.S. at Demilitarized Zone Thursday to discuss repatriating remains of Americans killed in Korean War. There was no call or explanation, @eliselabottcnn reports.

annmarie hordern
@annmarie
#NATO UPDATE: DPA (German news agency) is reporting that Pres. Trump is said to threaten U.S. withdrawal from NATO. Now leaders are holding an unplanned emergency session #TicTocNews

Oh, TicTocNews

Awesome.

giphy.gif

This Strzok trial is amazing. Strzok is my new hero. He is giving it right back to the GOP and Gowdy continues to look like a pin head. Jim Jordan is also trying to get Strzok to give up sources. Unreal.

Strzok is your new hero?

NM, kind of expected that from this board.

The man is a **** up.

Apparently his handling of this farce in front of Congress was outstanding.

It's also come out that if you go through all of his text messages (and not just cherry pick the ones immediately after Trump denigrated the Khan family) he didn't like Trump, Clinton, or Bernie #bias

Apparently his handling of this farce in front of Congress was outstanding.

It's also come out that if you go through all of his text messages (and not just cherry pick the ones immediately after Trump denigrated the Khan family) he didn't like Trump, Clinton, or Bernie #bias

He was immediately removed by Mueller, which he should have been. You can stop with the defense of a shitty agent.

To be clear, me thinking Strzok is an asshat in no way justifies anything congress says or does with him. I just think he let his ego get the best of him.

He was immediately removed by Mueller, which he should have been. You can stop with the defense of a shitty agent.

Weird, I don't remember arguing that he shouldn't have been removed. He had to be removed simply because of the optics of it all. But again, the portrayal of him as some pro Hillary, (D) plant simply doesn't stand up to a full view of all of the available evidence.

To be clear, me thinking Strzok is an asshat in no way justifies anything congress says or does with him. I just think he let his ego get the best of him.

He may very well be a twat, but after the IG cleared him of actual wrongdoing (as in, allowing any pre conceived political ideology/affiliation to direct his investigatory work), this nonsense should have come to a grinding halt.

There are plenty of arguments for and against the IG report. It's imperfect as the IG could not interview people that left the DOJ/FBI. It is however the best we have on the issue.

Back