Page 5230 of 5230 FirstFirst ... 42304730513051805220522852295230
Results 104,581 to 104,590 of 104590

Thread: OT: American Politics

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: American Politics

#FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Meh, read the article. The gains are on the strength of people who were already voting Republican. They just like their party more now.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    America's Dad.
    Rudy Bill and Russell are upset at the sentence. Donald Harold Albert Bucky and Mushmouth are mad at Bill for what he did.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT: American Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Meh, read the article. The gains are on the strength of people who were already voting Republican. They just like their party more now.
    I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand. Independents lean more right than left. I did read the article, the only segment unchanged are the Democrats.
    Last edited by Habsy; Yesterday at 06:53 PM.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

They’ve scheduled the vote on Kavanaugh for Friday morning.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They’ve scheduled the vote on Kavanaugh for Friday morning.
    shame
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand.
    I don't dismiss it out of hand. If Republicans are more engaged, more Democrats will have to show up to vote for the blue wave to happen, with registered Republicans being more likely to vote than registered Dems historically. But still, 31% of registered voters are Democrats, and 24% are registered Republicans. That more Republicans like their party now than a few months ago is an interesting footnote, but it really just means that democrat voting rates better come in higher than normal. Trump appears to be just the antidote for that typical democrat problem though.

Independents lean more right than left.
    Wrong Bobo

among registered independents, 46% identify as Democrats or Dem leaning, 39% as Republican or Rep leaning. That's just party affiliation as an analogue for "left" and "right". If we drill down into actual issues like gun control, health care, abortion, etc, independents run solidly left of centre on a lot of issues. I feel like I keep having to tell you this, and I provide the supporting information to back up the claim, yet you repeat the same line every couple of months.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the devolution theory has some legs after all.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    I don't dismiss it out of hand. If Republicans are more engaged, more Democrats will have to show up to vote for the blue wave to happen, with registered Republicans being more likely to vote than registered Dems historically. But still, 31% of registered voters are Democrats, and 24% are registered Republicans. That more Republicans like their party now than a few months ago is an interesting footnote, but it really just means that democrat voting rates better come in higher than normal. Trump appears to be just the antidote for that typical democrat problem though.

Wrong Bobo

among registered independents, 46% identify as Democrats or Dem leaning, 39% as Republican or Rep leaning. That's just party affiliation as an analogue for "left" and "right". If we drill down into actual issues like gun control, health care, abortion, etc, independents run solidly left of centre on a lot of issues. I feel like I keep having to tell you this, and I provide the supporting information to back up the claim, yet you repeat the same line every couple of months.
    Source it. I’d like to read the poll.

Post Thanks / Like

538 hasn’t moved much in last couple of weeks. Ds with 80% chance of taking house, Rs with 70% chance of retaining Senate.

Page 5230 of 5230 FirstFirst ... 42304730513051805220522852295230