• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Third Jersey

they put out a sneak preview. It has red and black on it. Not much of a surprise. :)

It is actually a bit of a surprise. A number of teams have third jerseys that have some alternative colors, even if those are only different shades of the primary team colors. I thought after 20+ years maybe we'd get some splash in addition to noir, blanc et rouge. As long as they don't have the swirling nothingness on the front. Man, I've not liked that since Day 1.

Yeah, let's go with the fraying hurricane warning flags. And make that with two flags please.

Yeah, let's go with the fraying hurricane warning flags. And make that with two flags please.

Yeah, except the only sports team I can recall using that graphic element for any length of time are the Tulsa Hurricanes and frankly ... it's not a very effective graphic when used on uniforms. It ends up looking like a lopsided cocktail straw.

Yeah, except the only sports team I can recall using that graphic element for any length of time are the Tulsa Hurricanes and frankly ... it's not a very effective graphic when used on uniforms. It ends up looking like a lopsided cocktail straw.

Which works if you're Pat O'Brien's.

IMO, it's not necessary to include the flag pole. Just enough to show they are connected to a pole. Something like this.

hurricane warning.jpg

I'm with JB on this one. I'm fine with the current main logo on the front of the jersey and I'm not a fan of the flags motif. I just don't know how to represent a hurricane on a jersey that will look any better than what we have now.

How about a set of concentric circles with numbers between the circles. The highest numbers would be in the center and reduce by a specific value as they go out towards the edge. The goalie should have the same on each leg pad and one on his chest Jersey. As an added feature the goalies most inner circle could be hooked to lights or play a tune when it’s struck.

it would be a surprise if they put the same main logo on a new 3rd jersey. And it would be pretty dumb too.

Agreed. There will be some sort of secondary logo ... or the dreaded script "Carolina" which is what I fully expect.

Remember. If you expect the worst, you are only pleasantly surprised.

Looks like folks who wanted dual flags got their wish. The dude at espn even rated the new uni an "A."

Back