• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

So apparently all of the weed sold by the Ontario Cannabis Store is stored at and distributed from a single warehouse owned by a private company who's identity is being kept a secret.

I'd be pretty curious to know whether or not that company has any connections to the Ford family.

So apparently all of the weed sold by the Ontario Cannabis Store is stored at and distributed from a single warehouse owned by a private company who's identity is being kept a secret.

I'd be pretty curious to know whether or not that company has any connections to the Ford family.

6DAr.gif

No connections to the ford family. I know exactly what company this is and where it is located. I may or not be employed at said company.

But yeah, no connections to ford unfortunately. I can tell you it sure as hell has been a cluster **** since getting started.. which tends to happen in this line of business when we get new contracts. We eventually figure our shit out though.

No connections to the ford family. I know exactly what company this is and where it is located. I may or not be employed at said company.

But yeah, no connections to ford unfortunately. I can tell you it sure as hell has been a cluster **** since getting started.. which tends to happen in this line of business when we get new contracts. We eventually figure our shit out though.

Do you actually think the online marketplace will succeed once the stores come online? Or is the online retailer just a stop-gap for now?

A good percentage of the population (especially the demographic that smokes the stuff) will always buy online ahead of physical stores. I think there will always be a place for it. My company in particular has their footprints in multiple provinces and a couple of major LP's so we're covered regardless.

I think the problem at this point is that no one knows what they're doing. This is all very new, and in the case of Ontario, it was very last minute so we were scrambling. All things considered we did a pretty good job imo. Our first go at e-commerce was a trainwreck so I consider this time around a success.

if I had to pick a Canadian politician to get in a sexting scandal, Clement may have been my top choice.

Sounds like the Ontario PC caucus could really use some sort of course that, among other things, teaches them about consent and understanding the risks associated with sexting...

CTV Toronto @CTVToronto
43s
JUST IN: Premier Doug Ford says he was informed of allegations against MPP Jim Wilson on Friday. He then asked him to resign.

heh.

Richard Southern @richard680news
10m
#BREAKING Doug Ford says he was notified on Friday that there were allegations of sexual misconduct against Jim Wilson. When asked why that was not stated at first, Ford says it was because the person who was the target of the alleged assault did not want it to be a media storm

Terri-Lynne McClintic back behind bars.

To give credit where credit is due, the cons kept the pressure on the government up until they fixes that stupidity.

The Washington Post @washingtonpost
Federal judge blocks Keystone XL pipeline, saying Trump administration review ignored "inconvenient" climate change facts

Wonder why they didn't "fix" under the 14 years of Harper.

I don't think the situation of a indigenous child killer serving a life sentence asking to go to a healing lodge came up during the harper years, to be honest.

Also, harper had a little less than 10 years.

Wonder why they didn't "fix" under the 14 years of Harper.

Fix what?

As far as I know neither Harper or Trudeau had any say in sending her or anyone else to a healing lodge. It took awhile, but all the Trudeau government did or could do, was was ask that her eligibility be reviewed.

Fix what?

As far as I know neither Harper or Trudeau had any say in sending her or anyone else to a healing lodge. It took awhile, but all the Trudeau government did or could do, was was ask that her eligibility be reviewed.

Well, they put in new guidelines that effected her, but everyone else in the same position.

They couldn't target her specifically.

Back