• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Re: Galchenyuk traded

Guess MB is still awful. Thought he could not get worse

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've come to pay my respects

giphy.gif

There has to be a part II, like Habs making a serious pitch for a free agent.

I really dont see what the big deal is. We all pretty much knew that he had no future here. Saves a ton of cap space and let the rebuild begin.

GFY Nero , you douchebag

:hamer:

It was obvious he was gone at some point but for Domim ......F off. Enough with this regime

There was no better deal .....give me a fooken break

GFY Nero , you douchebag

:hamer:

It was obvious he was gone at some point but for Domim ......F off. Enough with this regime

There was no better deal .....give me a fooken break

We are cornering the market for undersized "karacter" players.

I really dont see what the big deal is. We all pretty much knew that he had no future here. Saves a ton of cap space and let the rebuild begin.

Cmon man , this is atrocious .

Another midget winger .

I would of taken a good prospect or a package of future picks than this shit offer .

There was no fkcen way there wasn't a better deal than this .

Carolina was starving for offence and they are stacked on D and kids .

I would of taken ROR in a package over Domi

This is horseshit , he solves no needs .

So now WTF do we do with 67 ?

DOMI IS A ****ING WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, here's the good news by way of fancy stats

Domi: 1.64 P/60, 1.30 P1/60, -0.51 RelCF%, -0.45 RelxGF
AG: 1.40 P/60, 1.11 P1/60, -2.02 RelCF%, -6.05 RelxGF

Both had similar quality of competition, and zone starts.

So the good news? Domi was a lot better than AG was last year.

The bad news? Last year was pretty easily AG's worst year of his career offensively

16/17: 1.74 P/60, 1.49 P1/60
15/16: 2.09 P/60, 1.62 P1/60
14/15: 1.79 P/60, 1.51 P1/60

The other good news though? It was also a bad year for Domi last year compared to his others. It's hard to not break this down as a near wash offensively, but with Domi being the better possession/goal results driver.

That is of course ignoring the fact that Phoenix's GM is a massive stats nerd and knows everything I just posted (and much more), and also likely sees AG as a centre. So if he (and both of us) are wrong and AG never pans out as a centre, the Habs probably at least break even on this trade, and maybe win it (5 on 5 anyway)

The other bad news? That's only looking at this from a 5 on 5 stand point. The powerplay difference is monstrous

Combined 3 yrs:

AG: 5.64 P/60, 3.88 P1/60
Max: 3.43 P/60, 2.22 P1/60

To put that in perspective. Auston Matthews has a 2.22 P1/60 over the first 2 seasons in his NHL career 5 on 5. Domi is as offensively impactful on the man advantage as Matthews is 5 on 5.

That's not good.

So you've probably gotten a bit better 5 on 5 (assuming AG is just a winger), and a lot worse on the PP.

tenor.gif

Anyway we knew Galchenyuk's days were numbered...but still

Draft night plus the summer was going to be a flurry of activity. Wait a bit you moron , maybe there are more suitors in the mix .

I am fooken livid :incazzato:

Back