• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

You can't rely on Petry as a key cog to your defense corp because he is far too inconsistent.

One week he looks like a #1 and the next week he looks completely lost.

He's a fine complimentary piece to a defense corp that has a solid top three

You can't rely on Petry as a key cog to your defense corp because he is far too inconsistent.

One week he looks like a #1 and the next week he looks completely lost.

He's a fine complimentary piece to a defense corp that has a solid top three

Exactly DK , problem is we have too many round holes trying to fix square pegs

I still say a move for ROR involving Petry is very doable

Exactly DK , problem is we have too many round holes trying to fix square pegs

I still say a move for ROR involving Petry is very doable

I would pull that off...but MB would have that much more work on fixing this defense corp

The Galchenyuk deal involves two first-round draft picks who are both young and it will take a while to see how the players adjust to their new surroundings and whether either team can claim a victory. If nothing else, it will answer the question of whether Galchenyuk is a centre, because if he can’t cut it on the worst team in hockey, he won’t be able to blame it on Rick Tocchet.

Montreal finished the season with 71 points. Zona win finished with 70. Buffalo and Ottawa finished with less.

Rod Francis
Rod Francis
@InRodWeTrustMTL
Rick Tocchet "Max is a 20 goal scorer...could be 30 if he shoots more...major improvement on half-wall during PP...can play C in a pinch, could play there down the road.”

Bump.

Man. Some funny takes in here.

What scares me about this trade is Galchenyuks raw talent. That being said, he has had off ice issues. He has been inconsistent. He was not going to stay in Montreal.

Domi might be smaller than Chucky, but he plays much bigger. You won't hear about Domi taking shifts/nights off the way you did with Chucky. He should also cost less.

I will reserve overall judgment until all the work on MB until all the work is done this off-season. I am not worried about not acquiring a centre or a LHD YET.

I feel good.

Domi is a much smarter player than Chuckie. His shot is better than I thought. How did he manage to score only 5 non empty netters last season?

I know I wasn't a fan at all. Not that I had anything against Domi per se... I just feel Galchenyuk is more talented and has more upside.

Domi looks great so far though. I love it. I'll gladly be wrong on this one.

Domi is a much smarter player than Chuckie. His shot is better than I thought. How did he manage to score only 5 non empty netters last season?

Exactly , he has made plays and used his speed to create opportunities . That goal he scored last night 27 doesnt have that extra gear to get separation .

He has been our best forward so far IMO.

This is how he played in the OHL.

As I discovered a couple of days after the trade Marc Dumont who's an advanced stats guru stated that Domi is actually better at creating offense than AG.

People didn't fall in love with Galchenyuk here, they fell in love with the fact he was drafted 3rd overall and had potential to be a center.

Other than that I can't say AG ever did anything special here, he had a 30 goal season in a lost season and that's about it.

He was a portrayed as a victim time after time under Therrien or Julien because he was never given a "fair" chance to be a center.

Sorry to say, he doesn't have it in him to be a top two center, he just doesn't see the game well enough

Back