• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Chucky is no more, disappointed, but not surprised. Management gave up on him at a certain point and it’s been only a matter of time before he was gone. He gets a fresh start, probably at centre, in Arizona and I hope proves to everyone, especially Bergevin, that he can be an legitimate centre in the league. Domi is another player who needed a fresh start. Hopefully Domi will get back to the game he showed in his rookie year, the Habs are definitely going to need him to be at his best. I’m expecting Galchenyuk to set career highs this year in Arizona. Curious to see how many new Players will be added to this Habs team before training camp. Now Damphousse, Brunet and Carbo will need a new whipping boy to criticize during their intermission segments on RDS.

He was given a terrible team, he's made the roster significantly less terrible looking.

He inherited a shitty team where the top 6/top 4/Starter were almost all mediocre veterans (Doan, Hanzal, Tanguay, Vermette, Boedker, Stone, Smith) or very meh young players (Duclair, Murphy, Connauton, Martinook, Rieder)

He's brought in the higher quality veterans I listed above, and added kids like Keller and Chychrun to what he already had in house.

Feel free to look at what he inherited vs what he's going to be putting out there next season. It's a massive difference that will yield a pretty significant improvement shortly.

I get what you’re saying, it makes sense but it’s all about results.

The job is not done until the results are there....seeing a lineup on paper is one thing but showing some form of progress is another.

I haven’t heard too many people giving Chayka accolades just yet, especially after last year.

And its hard to convince me he was still in rebuild mode last year and wasn’t trying to win when he goes out and gets vets like Stepan, harljmasson, Demers, Raanta.

It’s hard for me to say he’s doing a good job if he hasn’t taken his team to another level.

I categorize a good job as to what Sakic and Shero did for their clubs last year, its actually quite amazing.

But as far as I’m concerned the jury is still out on Chayka

When you take over a terrible team, you have to have a 3, 4, 5 year plan. It's unlikely that Chyka's 2 year plan included being a contender that fast.

Look at Bergevin. 5 years later and the team is much worse than when he took over.

Re: Galchenyuk traded

Montreal has that luxury, your GM does not though.

I've been here as a fan, and it wasn't fun.

This isn’t arizona...when a player struggles you hear about it and media and fans dwell on it.

They can put AG at center in Arizona and live with his errors in peace.

If AG has one bad night at center its the main topic of discussion in the media.

Drouin had a tough year at center last year, people are shocked when we hear Bergevin say he’ll still be playing center...where is the patience??

This trade is perfect.

I said the habs would be tanking, and here it is.

Molson was rumored to say he didn't care about the playoffs, just wanted the team to play hard. Well, here it is.

Tank nation lives on. :joy

When you take over a terrible team, you have to have a 3, 4, 5 year plan. It's unlikely that Chyka's 2 year plan included being a contender that fast.

Look at Bergevin. 5 years later and the team is much worse than when he took over.

No one said a contender, but I find it hard to believe that he was in rebuild mode last off season when he acquires the veterans he did...Stepan, Hlarljmasson, Demers, Ranta

That’s a top two center, two dman you are planning to use in your top three and a #1 goalie. To me that sounds like a GM trying to make the playoffs and not rebuild, that was likely his plan and it failed

No one said a contender, but I find it hard to believe that he was in rebuild mode last off season when he acquires the veterans he did...Stepan, Hlarljmasson, Demers, Ranta

That’s a top two center, two dman you are planning to use in your top three and a #1 goalie. To me that sounds like a GM trying to make the playoffs and not rebuild, that was likely his plan and it failed

In Montreal, they don't call that failure. They hold a press conference and say it is "second-guessing" I hope shit for brains leaves the third overall pick alone if they actually don't trade it for a package of Dale Weise and whatever else the Flyers would offer.

I hope Domi succeeds with us, becauseit was clear Chuckie wasn’t going to...

Having said that, we traded Subban, Sergachev, Galchenyuk, but never landed a center in return.

We have no more bargaining chips left....we got less talented in each one of those trades

That's all that I am pissed at .....3 solid trade chips ......no center in return

What a ****ing stupid move. Trade a #3 for a #12.

This whole regime is messed up. Bloody Molsons.

Excluding the third overall pick, in the last three years we've traded away three of our most valuable assets... and didn't strengthen any weak point of our team.

I mean... this is sheer lunacy. I totally get trading Galchenyuk. Same with Subban & Sergachev. If they don't think they're a fit, or if you think you can trade them to improve other parts of your team, I get it.

We traded them all for 1, inferior players, and 2, to "improve" positions we're already strong in.

This trade is perfect.

I said the habs would be tanking, and here it is.

Molson was rumored to say he didn't care about the playoffs, just wanted the team to play hard. Well, here it is.

Tank nation lives on. :joy

Pretty dumb move though if we are trying to do a proper rebuild. MB must have rocks in his head with no plan. If you are going to start a rebuild around this draft, because let's face it it's not like we have a ton of young prospects already, then you don't make this trade. Trade for a blue chip prospect who has a lot of upside, not a RFA again. I know we might have an extra 1-2m of cap space, but even if we sign Tavares, this club is still going to be a low scoring team and not go far. Anyways, I want to Tank, but MB has NO CLUE on how to do it properly.

There are 7.5 billion people in the world. ANYONE ELSE, even a young turkish boy who doesn't speak english or french, has never seen a hockey game in his life, doesn't even know what ice is, could do a better job. I think there are actual objects, tables/desks/avocados that would be able to make better trades than MB.

Do people not remember the glaring holes in 27’s game? You know, like effort, back pressure, d zone coverage, etc. If he ends up at centre in Arizona it’s because they’ve given him a press pass on half of the ice. Also, didn’t Team USA have the same opinion on 27?

Put me among those not surprised to see Galchenyuk go. Before I even heard who we got back, I knew it would be something of less value. Its the Bergevin way. He has pretty much destroyed the organization in five years.

Do people not remember the glaring holes in 27’s game? You know, like effort, back pressure, d zone coverage, etc. If he ends up at centre in Arizona it’s because they’ve given him a press pass on half of the ice. Also, didn’t Team USA have the same opinion on 27?

A lot of players aren't perfect, especially on this team. It's the return that MB gets that baffles everyone, and that is why we have a garbage team with no plan. You think the entire city was attached to 27 or just maybe they are pissed off that MB loses another trade and isn't conceiving a plan on rebuilding this team?

What a ****ing stupid move. Trade a #3 for a #12.

This whole regime is messed up. Bloody Molsons.

It might be a bad trade but not due to that. Draft position is irrelevant after a few seasons of actual playing. Johnny Hockey was a 4th rounder.

Last edited:
Back