• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

So what does the Habs lineup for next season look like now?

Maxpac-XXXXXX-Gallagher
Drouin-XXXXX-Shaw
Domi-Dano-Byron
Lehkonen-Froese-Scherbak

Alzner-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Benn-Juulsen

Price

Btw, the "they have similar PPG" averages arguement means little to nothing for me.

Compare their goals / game average.

Now sit back and think, what is this team lacking?

(Right, right, more play makers to facilitate our numerous goalscorers!)

Eric Engels
[emoji818]
@EricEngels
Alex Galchenyuk (24) has produced .61 ppg over his NHL career. Max Domi (23) has produced .60 ppg. Galchenyuk has two years left on his deal at $4.9M. Domi is an RFA.
9:51 PM - Jun 15, 2018

AG has been closer to .7ppg over the last 3 years. Any comparison that includes a player's 18 & 19 yr old season, then compares him to a player who broke in at 20 is a horseshit comparison.

So what does the Habs lineup for next season look like now?

Maxpac-XXXXXX-Gallagher
Drouin-XXXXX-Shaw
Domi-Dano-Byron
Lehkonen-Froese-Scherbak

Alzner-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Benn-Juulsen

Price

Drouin will still be at center and they'll probably blow their wad on Stastny or another bad UFA.

If they draft Zadina, he'll be on the wing somewhere. So one slot to be filled by a UFA center.

Head Scratcher. Most of you guys constantly bitch about how bad we are at salting away victories with empty netters --- well, Max solves that problem.

44% of Max's goals last year came with an empty net. (4 of 9). Fills a need.

Drouin and Domi on the same line can play pitch and catch, pass first players and no one to finish

AG has been closer to .7ppg over the last 3 years. Any comparison that includes a player's 18 & 19 yr old season, then compares him to a player who broke in at 20 is a horseshit comparison.

It boggles the mind how pro scribes don't know anything about reading statistics.

Drouin will still be at center and they'll probably blow their wad on Stastny or another bad UFA.

If they draft Zadina, he'll be on the wing somewhere. So one slot to be filled by a UFA center.

the plan is to stick with Drouin at centre?

Oh+geez+disrespectful+my+ass+i+could+be+taking+money+_7012df074eb0006d3fdd1d231bd7551b.gif

It boggles the mind how pro scribes don't anything about reading statistics.

They hate them for the same reason old school hockey people to. They don't want to believe that someone reading a "spreadsheet" can know anything about the game, because that by default makes them the gatekeepers of what is right and wrong, it makes them the "expert".

the plan is to stick with Drouin at centre?

Oh+geez+disrespectful+my+ass+i+could+be+taking+money+_7012df074eb0006d3fdd1d231bd7551b.gif

There is no "plan". The "plan" changes by the week, if not by the day.

One day it's get big and tough to play against, the next is get ka rek tur, the next is speed and skill, the next is toughness, the next is something else.

It's like they got a random caller to AM radio and gave him the keys to the franchise. I mean, The Charlatan really thought our defense from this last season was an improvement on what we had last year. It's nonsensical.

What ****in spreadsheet or advanced stat does one need to see that this team lacks finishers and yet we trade the better finisher

Btw, the "they have similar PPG" averages arguement means little to nothing for me.

Compare their goals / game average.

Now sit back and think, what is this team lacking?

(Right, right, more play makers to facilitate our numerous goalscorers!)

To be fair, Drouin is really our only playmaker.

They hate them for the same reason old school hockey people to. They don't want to believe that someone reading a "spreadsheet" can know anything about the game, because that by default makes them the gatekeepers of what is right and wrong, it makes them the "expert".

yeah, but this Eric Engels guy is a new breed and I'm pretty sure loves advanced stats. He's just dumb or lazy in this instance. One needs to do a little 15 second work in order to interpret the basic numbers like ppg.

Someone in the front office is convincing MB to make the wrong moves...oh wait Dudley is gone

To be fair, Drouin is really our only playmaker.

We could have a team full of playmakers, it makes no difference if you have nobody who can score. For all of his flaws, Galchenyuk was our second best goal scorer who was coming off a terrible year with a terrible shooting percentage.

What ****in spreadsheet or advanced stat does one need to see that this team lacks finishers and yet we trade the better finisher

I'm pretty sure Bergy isn't an advanced statistics guy

Chayka absolutely is, so take from that what you will.

yeah, but this Eric Engels guy is a new breed and I'm pretty sure loves advanced stats. He's just dumb or lazy in this instance. One needs to do a little 15 second work in order to interpret the basic numbers like ppg.

Then that's pretty unforgiveable.

Back