• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Bergevin is the shittiest gm in the league. Everyone knows it now in trades too. Molson is just as shitty for leaving him still run the team.

Indeed, MB said so himself

giphy.gif

Sorry man. You guys aren't doing shit until this guy gets fired.

AG has been closer to .7ppg over the last 3 years. Any comparison that includes a player's 18 & 19 yr old season, then compares him to a player who broke in at 20 is a horseshit comparison.

Yep... I believe the term is "spin."

Not only was 27 one of the few goal scorers, but he may have been the only can opener. He could open up Ds and make the goals himself. 67 is, or was, a terrific sniper but he needs a set up man.

Btw, the "they have similar PPG" averages arguement means little to nothing for me.

Compare their goals / game average.

Now sit back and think, what is this team lacking?

(Right, right, more play makers to facilitate our numerous goalscorers!)

The scary part is that they likely added Domi to replace Pacioretty at LW when he is traded for Ryan O'Reilly. So there's another drop in goal scoring.

Well lets see what contract Domi gets in the next few days. If its in the same ball park as the Galchenyuk contract...watch out.

The teams that did a good job last year are NJ and the Avs who were in the basement like Arizona but got out

That's a very narrow view of what a good job is for a rebuilding club. Next year their roster looks something like this:

Keller-Stepan-Merkley
Dvorak-AG-XXXXX
Perlini-Strome-Fischer

OEL-Hjalmarsson
Goligoski-Demers
Chychrun-XXXXX

Raanta (who has very quietly been .920+ for 140 games in his career now)

Kids don't develop in a linear fashion all the time, but that's a pile of talented young forwards. He's insulated them with a good veteran blueline and a good goalie as well.

Like I said, he's done a good job that hasn't shown up in the points column yet, but it will. They've got the 5 pick in a strong draft, and a few other solid prospects on the way (Crouse, Capobianco, Dauphin), it's a matter of time before they show improvement with this group. It's going to be too strong up the middle of the ice to be bad for much longer.

Last edited:
That's a very narrow view of what a good job is for a rebuilding club. Next year their roster looks something like this:

Keller-Stepan-Merkley
Dvorak-AG-XXXXX
Perlini-Strome-Fischer

OEL-Hjalmarsson
Goligoski-Demers
Chychrun-XXXXX

Raanta (who has very quietly been .920+ for 140 games in his career now)

Kids don't develop in a linear fashion all the time, but that's a pile of talented young forwards. He's insulated them with a good veteran blueline and a good goalie as well.

Like I said, he's done a good job that hasn't shown up in the points column yet, but it will. They've got the 5 pick in a strong draft, and a few other solid prospects on the way (Crouse, Capobianco, Dauphin), it's a matter of time before they show improvement with this group. It's going to be too strong up the middle of the ice to be bad for much longer.

When you finish in the basement of the standings enough times and draft alot in the top ten you get good young players, that’s not the hard part in a rebuild.

It’s putting it all together to create a team that is the hard part, it’s identifying needs and addressing them properly.

To say Chayka has done a good job is like saying that a lotterry winner has done a good job managing his finances.

Chayka has to start getting positive results to say he has done a good job, just like the Sabres.

When you finish in the basement of the standings enough times and draft alot in the top ten you get good young players, that’s not the hard part in a rebuild.

It’s putting it all together to create a team that is the hard part, it’s identifying needs and addressing them properly.

To say Chayka has done a good job is like saying that a lotterry winner has done a good job managing his finances.

Chayka has to start getting positive results to say he has done a good job, just like the Sabres.

Yeah... except no.

The Yotes have 2 top 10 picks over the past 9 years. 3rd and 7th in 2015 and 2016.

Yeah... except no.

The Yotes have 2 top 10 picks over the past 9 years. 3rd and 7th in 2015 and 2016.

Still doesn’t change the reasoning...to say he has done a good job when his team has been atrocious since he took over doesn’t make sense to me.

Back