• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Posters no longer around ?

Dale from Wilmington is gone. Don't know if he's at the games, as I've only been to one since 2013.

Does this mean we should get lives?

IIRC Dale waived goodbye to us a few years ago, worn down by the losing. Smart.

And yes. We probably should.

here is a really busy college message board

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/

they got their wish when the last FB coach was fired but that was followed by horrible search for the new coach. (even offered the NCSU coach who said no) It was such a bad search the AD was fired over it before the new coach was hired. and this year the chancellor was fired too, after just 1 year on the job.

I recall some new guy on the old board called T a liar about something then challenged him to a fight at a game.

It was not just some guy from the old board, it was one of the ticket reps (can't recall name but he really was a jerk!) Marty (T), Reaper and I were chatting when this dude comes along... I don't recall details but they may have already been in heated discussion and it got really heated on the concourse, don't think it quite came to a fight challenge but it was a shouting match. I didn't hang around too much longer - it was not one of those fun to watch sessions! That rep was not around much longer.

James Northern is gone, probably because of me. Sorry if that chuffed anybody. In my defense, he didn't do himself any favors when I called him out for calling a long time poster ignorant.

"I miss Hoss"...said no one ever!!! He was the resident Latvian hater that thrived on piling on guys like Irbe and Ozolinsch in here. Oh the memories...

Although I don't know most of you personally, I do enjoy your kinship at least virtually. The comments on this board are usually well-considered and often quite entertaining, which is why I keep coming back. Yeah, sometimes it can get a little heated, but would hope we're all mature enough to put those moments aside. For someone who didn't know squat about hockey, this board's been an invaluable resource to my enjoyment of the game - and to the Hurricanes. Keep up the good work, fellas.

James Northern is gone, probably because of me. Sorry if that chuffed anybody. In my defense, he didn't do himself any favors when I called him out for calling a long time poster ignorant.

When did he quit? It seems like he was kind of active during this past season. Or am I imagining things?

Although I don't know most of you personally, I do enjoy your kinship at least virtually. The comments on this board are usually well-considered and often quite entertaining, which is why I keep coming back. Yeah, sometimes it can get a little heated, but would hope we're all mature enough to put those moments aside. For someone who didn't know squat about hockey, this board's been an invaluable resource to my enjoyment of the game - and to the Hurricanes. Keep up the good work, fellas.

+1

For the most part in here, everyone's opinion is valued and the respect for each other is about as good as gets compared to most online forums and social media platforms. The activity in here is always pretty steady and the conversation always great.

It was not just some guy from the old board, it was one of the ticket reps (can't recall name but he really was a jerk!) Marty (T), Reaper and I were chatting when this dude comes along... I don't recall details but they may have already been in heated discussion and it got really heated on the concourse, don't think it quite came to a fight challenge but it was a shouting match. I didn't hang around too much longer - it was not one of those fun to watch sessions! That rep was not around much longer.

Minor detail I did not know. I only recall the board interaction and I think T pointed him out to me one night.

Back