• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Posters no longer around ?

Paulie Walnuts

Anyone know what happened to Hurricane Camille? I don't think she has been on the recent boards . Also Judge Wapner does not show up here lately. I played a little roller hockey with CanefanT but have not seen him in a while .

there may be other posters that others are wondering about.

I recall Camille had 2 fav players - Malik and Langdon, and both were traded to Vancouver in the same deal in 2002 for Jan Hlavac and Harold Druken.

Camille is active on Facebook as is the Judge. Not sure why they don't hang out here anymore.

I know Polar of [polar's word] moved to another region in the US but he's never here anymore either.

Camille is in Colorado. Raymond (Judge Wapner) and his wife Carolyn are still in Calgary and still warring over their Canes-Leafs rivalry. I had the pleasure of meeting them over drinks in Calgary about a year ago.

I haven't seen T around here in years, although I run into him at the arena from time to time. We've been this same little group for the most part ever since the board moved over to Forum Ice ... give or take a few folks here and there.

Bottom line ... I'm happy for what we've got. Message Boards really aren't a growth industry these days. I appreciate all of you.

Jeffbear, I know I appreciate you too. Sometimes we disagree a bit etc. but you have a really good insight into things and a nice way of turning a phrase, and I enjoy your posts - same with the rest of ya'll. Sometimes a few or you scare me because you post exactly what I was thinking - Kahuna and Elsker, I'm looking at you... It's a pretty nice board, and full of good info and insight.

Thanks C3.

And for there record, I'd sincerely worry about anyone who agreed with me all the time.

I enjoy the banter, even though I rarely have the popular opinion. There are many options when it comes to forums, but this is by far the most mature, level headed one around. Keeps me in check! Im rarely either of those!

I enjoy the board and all those that post as well. Healthy debate is fun, especially when it doesn't go into the gutter of personal insults or attacks like Twitter, FB, or other social media. Good job moderating folks!

Out of curiosity, how many people do regularly post here on the Canes board? Is that a number that can be shared by the Admins? I assume there are far more lurkers than actual posters?

Out of curiosity, how many people do regularly post here on the Canes board? Is that a number that can be shared by the Admins? I assume there are far more lurkers than actual posters?

We've generally got 12-15 people viewing the page at any one time during the work week. And probably 20 people who post either regularly or semi-regularly. That's off the top of my heads without digging into the back room stats.

first person I recall from way back was from Hartford, she went by Niko (I think). She was in Albany for grad school so she was also a River Rats fan. She stayed around on a few boards until 2002 at least but probably not much beyond that. She was reasonable, not one of the fans who hated PK's guts for moving the team.

The Let’s Go Canes Board went dark earlier this year.

The few regulars that were left there all seem to be pretty regular Twitter users, conversations migrated that direction -- I'd guess many old school message boards have been the victim of that little blue bird.

Tweet Tweet... I doubt you'll ever find me on that. I'll never say never but Don't hold your breath.

Message boards are dying though. sucks as I kind of like the relaxed atmosphere.

plenty of college fans on various message boards. Most of the time they talk about how the coach should be fired. Or the AD should be axed if the coach is not fired.

I used to sit next to T and Reaper. Good guys. I think their interest finally went the way of quality Canes hockey.

I recall some new guy on the old board called T a liar about something then challenged him to a fight at a game.

They had a bud who sat same row across the isle who posted here also. Can't recall his moniker, but I recall he worked for Corning at one time and knew some folks that worked for my old man.

Svan was a good poster. Used to sit at south end about 6 rows back of the cage. He and I were interviewed by a Ottawa paper during the 2002 run.

Dale from Wilmington is gone. Don't know if he's at the games, as I've only been to one since 2013.

Does this mean we should get lives?

Last edited:
Back