• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MB

worm

Character and attitude.

7 years ago things were looking up.
A bottom team would turn it around in the lockout shortened season.

You had Max Pac doing Max Pac things.
You have Price there (it was actually a down year for him but he would soon become elite).
Subban was winning the Norris.
18 year old chuck was being slowly put into the centre position seemingly mentored by Prust.
20 year old gally was doing great
Markov was being markov and staying pretty healthy even with those knees.
Eller had 30 points in 46 games.

Things were looking up. Solid vets, in the prime players, and young players doing well.

Somewhere on the path it became more about attitude/character than actual skill and so began the decent.

Eller's comments about the habs after he won the cup were extremely telling. The last thing on the guys mind should have been to talk trash about the habs. But he did. It matters. He was a test run for chuck....even those a lesser player. A guy that always looked better at centre than on the wing.
A guy that the habs tried to ruin the confidence of instead of help.

Subban traded for off issue stuff (attitude/character ?) for a lesser and older player.

Eller traded for Shaw (through draft picks). Shaw has actually been the better player though he is hurt all the time.

Markov went unsigned with no replacement. Well....the god awful Alzner was signed...

Serg for Drouin. The most valuable position (D) for the least valuable (wing) and to make matter worse they tried and failed to convert him to centre.

Now chuck and the habs failure to make him a centre for a winger who is a lesser player.

To summarize....
I am scared for the MaxPac trade now.

Geoff Molson squarely owns this fiasco now, not Bergevin. It's like a rabid dog that you refuse to put down that ends up biting some kid. It's the owner's fault for not putting the dog down.

Bergevin needs a metaphorical double-tap to the head.

Old Yeller his ass.

MB is exactly what the Habs need right now.

If they aren't going to rebuild voluntarily, then they need a GM so bad that he kneecaps any chance the team has of performing well.

If they are rebuilding, he's the guy who puts the team in a position to be among the worst in the league.

The process from good to bad to good again is a long one, but I believe firmly that he can do his part cementing this team in the bad section.

Pacioretty for Perron,with perron playing center.

Alzner was supposed to be Emelins replacement not Markov - which makes it all the more worse since Schlemko was the last ditch save face to replace Markov.

Taking a step back IMO there’s a battle going on between old school & new school -
NHLs battle of Little Bighorn.

I expect the old school types to cling to Tom Wilson performance these past playoffs as a means to justify their team build.

Canes could be poster boy to watch this play out - curious how Waddell & Dudley’s do team building this offseason

Character and attitude.

7 years ago things were looking up.
A bottom team would turn it around in the lockout shortened season.

You had Max Pac doing Max Pac things.
You have Price there (it was actually a down year for him but he would soon become elite).
Subban was winning the Norris.
18 year old chuck was being slowly put into the centre position seemingly mentored by Prust.
20 year old gally was doing great
Markov was being markov and staying pretty healthy even with those knees.
Eller had 30 points in 46 games.

Things were looking up. Solid vets, in the prime players, and young players doing well.

Somewhere on the path it became more about attitude/character than actual skill and so began the decent.

Eller's comments about the habs after he won the cup were extremely telling. The last thing on the guys mind should have been to talk trash about the habs. But he did. It matters. He was a test run for chuck....even those a lesser player. A guy that always looked better at centre than on the wing.
A guy that the habs tried to ruin the confidence of instead of help.

Subban traded for off issue stuff (attitude/character ?) for a lesser and older player.

Eller traded for Shaw (through draft picks). Shaw has actually been the better player though he is hurt all the time.

Markov went unsigned with no replacement. Well....the god awful Alzner was signed...

Serg for Drouin. The most valuable position (D) for the least valuable (wing) and to make matter worse they tried and failed to convert him to centre.

Now chuck and the habs failure to make him a centre for a winger who is a lesser player.

To summarize....
I am scared for the MaxPac trade now.

the funniest is that on twitter, some guy is starting a campaign to get all those who trust Bergevin to put his picture on their profile this week.

I queried what has he done in the last three years to engender any belief he will do anything well.

I was told everything you wrote above but from a "it was great" perspective.

There is a large contingent who think he is actually doing a good job. That is scary.

Geoff Molson squarely owns this fiasco now, not Bergevin. It's like a rabid dog that you refuse to put down that ends up biting some kid. It's the owner's fault for not putting the dog down.

Bergevin needs a metaphorical double-tap to the head.

Old Yeller his ass.

Agreed. I honestly thought that maybe just maybe MB learned something this season. Guess not.

MB is exactly what the Habs need right now.

If they aren't going to rebuild voluntarily, then they need a GM so bad that he kneecaps any chance the team has of performing well.

If they are rebuilding, he's the guy who puts the team in a position to be among the worst in the league.

The process from good to bad to good again is a long one, but I believe firmly that he can do his part cementing this team in the bad section.

Pacioretty for Perron,with perron playing center.

but he is trading away your players now

Alzner was supposed to be Emelins replacement not Markov - which makes it all the more worse since Schlemko was the last ditch save face to replace Markov.

Taking a step back IMO there’s a battle going on between old school & new school -
NHLs battle of Little Bighorn.

I expect the old school types to cling to Tom Wilson performance these past playoffs as a means to justify their team build.

Canes could be poster boy to watch this play out - curious how Waddell & Dudley’s do team building this offseason

Tom Wilson a dime a dozen guy. Pasani, Umberger, etc. Decent players that get hot in the playoffs and people over value.

I'm ok with that. He's been trading away my players since Subban.

At least with Galchenyuk for Domi, the team didn't get older, it only got a little less talented.

I'm ok with that. He's been trading away my players since Subban.

At least with Galchenyuk for Domi, the team didn't get older, it only got a little less talented.
Wait for Hughes for Gorges

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agreed. I honestly thought that maybe just maybe MB learned something this season. Guess not.

No more pussy-footing.

MB is the worst GM in the league. Anyone that thinks otherwise is living in complete denial.

The excuses from the Berg sympathizers are now something like this; "player X was supposed to do this and player Y was supposed to replace player Z." The excuses from them have gone full circle while not actually blaming MB.

It's not often that a GM makes the product this unbearable -- and the fact that he's been doing it for 7 years now is simply remarkable.

Last edited:
No more pussy-footing.

MB is the worst GM in the league. Anyone that thinks otherwise is living in compete denial.

The excuses from the Berg sympathizers are now something like this; "player X was supposed to do this and player Y was supposed to replace player Z." The excuses from them have gone full circle while not actually blaming MB.

It's not often that a GM makes the product this unbearable -- and the fact that he's been doing it for 7 years now is simply remarkable.

Chia pet hasn't started yet. It's definitely a two dumbass race though.

Galchenyuk was my favourite player on the Habs, but I knew he was gonna get moved (because there was no way he was ever gonna resign here) and actually advocated for it. I just didn't want it to be MB doing the trade.

Galchenyuk was my favourite player on the Habs, but I knew he was gonna get moved (because there was no way he was ever gonna resign here) and actually advocated for it. I just didn't want it to be MB doing the trade.

Agreed he was gone but not for this . Did they send a notice to every other team that he was traded by draft night and hand me your best offer

Teams like Carolina, Detroit , etc....are starving for goals

Lots of stories coming out now about him and his father. Not listening to the coaches and only taking advise from good ole Dad. That will not go over with any team very well. See ya later headcase

Lots of stories coming out now about him and his father. Not listening to the coaches and only taking advise from good ole Dad. That will not go over with any team very well. See ya later headcase

amazing how every player we trade allegedly is an off ice problem but other than SFB who we knew was a headcase, none have trouble on their new teams

amazing how every player we trade allegedly is an off ice problem but other than SFB who we knew was a headcase, none have trouble on their new teams

I have read stuff about the Preds and Pk parting ways. If they are true who knows,, so maybe the stories are not far fetched

Yup, Subban was a headcase as well. Certainly thrived in Nashville.

Smith Pelly was a bad influence, has done well for himself in Washington.

Headcases in Montreal, fine everywhere else. The only thing in common is the Montreal Canadiens, maybe the problem lies there?

I have read stuff about the Preds and Pk parting ways. If they are true who knows,, so maybe the stories are not far fetched

You know where that rumor originated? Montreal.

Nashville fans, Press and Org knew nothing about that, which mean the montreal press or Montreal canadiens are still salty about PK doing well.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...m-david-poile-says-hes-not-trading-p-k-subban

You see tweets from different places, but that’s not happening,” Poile told LeBrun for his latest column on The Athletic website. “P.K. played terrific this year. He played really well. He’s a really good player. He’s one of the three candidates for the Norris Trophy. I really don’t know where this comes from.”

Yup, Subban was a headcase as well. Certainly thrived in Nashville.

Smith Pelly was a bad influence, has done well for himself in Washington.

Headcases in Montreal, fine everywhere else. The only thing in common is the Montreal Canadiens, maybe the problem lies there?
Subban is rumored on the trade block. Read it several times on several sites, Who knows

Back