• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Poll: Who Should The Habs Take at #3?

Who should the Habs take at #3?

• Filip Zadina

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Quintin Hughes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Oliver Wahlstrom

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Adam Boqvist

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McGuire today was saying that he's heard that Buffalo was trying to acquire another top pick (Carolina or Montreal's pick) to draft Tkatchuk so he plays with Eichel.

If that's the case, we might end up with Risto.

Btw, how good is Risto ? Also, do they have another young good center outside of Eichel ?

McGuire today was saying that he's heard that Buffalo was trying to acquire another top pick (Carolina or Montreal's pick) to draft Tkatchuk so he plays with Eichel.

Btw, how good is Risto ? Also, do they have another young good center outside of Eichel ?

Middlestat looks to be a solid C in the making . I think Risto is a 2D , wish he was a LHS

He also said he knows for a fact there’s 4-teams in on ROR - Canes, Minny, Philly and Habs.

McGuire went on to say Sabres might not hesitate to overpay to get themselves in a position to draft Tkachuk.

Last edited:
He also said he knows for a fact there’s 4-teams in on ROR - Canes, Minny, Philly and Habs.

McGuire went on to say Sabres might not hesitate to overpay to get themselves in a position to draft Tkachuk.

We are taking Tkatchuk....too much physical tools for Timmins/Bergy to pass on....

McGuire, who talks to pretty much every scout known to man, said they should take him.....Gord Miller also......McKenzie has his #3 also (after taking a poll with numerous NHL scouts)....

I think they're taking him at #3......but will somehow trade for a center (ROR ?)

Tkatchuk is unlike anything we have on this team or in the pipeline. I certainly understand the appeal.

But we haven't been able to draft a power forward since Corson, despite many high profile failures.

Also interested to see who posters would target with our second-round picks.

Guys like Jonatan Berggren and Nils Lundqvist along with centers like Ty Dellandrea, Liam Foudy and Sal's boys Jay O'Brien and Jake Wise intrigue me.

Big yes to Jake Wise. He might be available for our second or third picks in the second round.

I'm praying one of Dellandrea, Wilde or K'Andre Miller somehow slip to 34. I'd be thrilled.

Eric Engels

@EricEngels

All I can say is that if Matthew Tkachuk isn't the only one that believes his brother is a future No. 1 centre, things just got a lot more interesting.

Hello!

There's literally not a single thing about his game that indicates he'd be a center.

He plays the prototypical powerforward winger game.

now with trotz and Lou trying to convince Tavares in NY, we should try to push a trade with them, for their 2 1rst round picks.
for patches, or maybe they are desperate enough for a goalie, they will take Price for the picks

I fully expect Bergevin to screw up the first round royally, as he has done everything else, and screw up for the second time in a week after the trade. Burke says Bergevin will draft Kotkaniemi or Hayton , and seems to quote Bergevin as saying there is no other way to get a centre only draft one. I don't know if Burke is doing anything but posturing, but that sounds about exactly what I would expect. Meanwhile, the best player available (Zadina) will then haunt us for years in Ottawa.

Habs have been throwing so much smokescreens these past few days....everything they"ve been saying leads us to believe they will take either Kotkaniemi or Tkatchuk...in fact, most of the French media is certain we will pick Kotkaniemi.

Having said that, I would be very surprised that Habs pass on a player from their backyard (Quebec Junior League) in Zadina......it will haunt Molson for years when Zadina is scoring goals, and everyone will point out that Habs missed out AGAIN on another player from the Q.

I just think Tkatchuk has the best tools to help Habs....big, strong, will dig for pucks along the boards (which nobody has done for this team in the playoffs forever)....

Habs have been throwing so much smokescreens these past few days....everything they"ve been saying leads us to believe they will take either Kotkaniemi or Tkatchuk...in fact, most of the French media is certain we will pick Kotkaniemi.

Having said that, I would be very surprised that Habs pass on a player from their backyard (Quebec Junior League) in Zadina......it will haunt Molson for years when Zadina is scoring goals, and everyone will point out that Habs missed out AGAIN on another player from the Q.

I just think Tkatchuk has the best tools to help Habs....big, strong, will dig for pucks along the boards (which nobody has done for this team in the playoffs forever)....

I think we take Zadina just to avoid Ottawa taking Zadina.

Zadina, from all the scouting reports i've read, is a winger capable of generating his own chances.

Radulov is like that
Kessel is like that

Not saying his style of play compares to them, but hopefully he becomes as good as them, or better

Back