• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Poll: Who Should The Habs Take at #3?

Who should the Habs take at #3?

• Filip Zadina

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Quintin Hughes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Oliver Wahlstrom

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Adam Boqvist

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Canadiens should draft the Finn . . . if they believe that he can develop into a very good, even if non-elite, first line center. If not, they should draft Tkatchuk. And I believe that is their thought process too but we'll find out soon enough.

I think it depends what the Habs are planning on drafting in the 2nd round. If there is a potential "steal" or two, what is that player's position and playing style? Could they be almost as good as Zadina or Tkachuk or Hughes or Kotkaniemi? Which of the top prospects available at #3 is the most unique?

I think it should be between Tkachuk and Zadina. We aren't competing for anything next season. Maybe a more sure thing centreman or Dman will be available next draft.

2019 is stacked in the top 10 for C`s .

You guys can cross Hughes name from that list. In an interview on Montreal radio, Timmins apparently said he beleives Hughes will struggle to defend in the NHL. Doesn't sound like a guy you are ready to draft....
Or could it have been using a public forum to leak misguiding info? Why did they bother taking Hughes out for dinner couple of days back, if they didn’t think he could cut it?

MB is so guarded with his moves and they usually come out of left field, so I have to ask why are so many people sure Habs will select Kotkaniemi?

It’s either talking heads see the orgs desperate need for a C and speculating, or someone is leaking info on purpose, likely for ulterior motives...

There’s a lot of bait & switch shit going on from what I can tell, seems like it’s more-so this year than ever before

Last edited:
Because all things being equal (sure it’s a big if but that’s what scouting is for) you go with the Center.

Or could it have been using a public forum to leak misguiding info? Why did they bother taking Hughes out for dinner couple of days back, if they didn’t think he could cut it?

MB is so guarded with his moves and they usually come out of left field, so I have to ask why are so many people sure Habs will select Kotkaniemi?

It’s either talking heads see the orgs desperate need for a C and speculating, or someone is leaking info on purpose, likely for ulterior motives...

There’s a lot of bait & switch shit going on from what I can tell, seems like it’s more-so this year than ever before

I don't think anyone is sure about that. Far from it.

Just listened to the TT interview:

it was Marinaro who asked “not a big guy will that impact his draft ranking, the belief amongst scouts is Hughes will always have difficulty defending due to his size”

TTs answer: “that’ll depend on the org philosophy, he’s a very dynamic Dman who drives offense, but his size impact defending in his end,”

BTW - re: Kotkaniemi’s lack of pace. He apparently had ACL surgery 1-year back, and is only starting to gain his stride back.

You guys can cross Hughes name from that list. In an interview on Montreal radio, Timmins apparently said he beleives Hughes will struggle to defend in the NHL. Doesn't sound like a guy you are ready to draft...

has for myself, I think I'd go with either Kotkaniemi or zadina.

or they are trying to trade down to pick him and do not want him picked be anyone else

I think it depends what the Habs are planning on drafting in the 2nd round. If there is a potential "steal" or two, what is that player's position and playing style? Could they be almost as good as Zadina or Tkachuk or Hughes or Kotkaniemi? Which of the top prospects available at #3 is the most unique?

I think it should be between Tkachuk and Zadina. We aren't competing for anything next season. Maybe a more sure thing centreman or Dman will be available next draft.

just take all centres and hope for the best

it was Marinaro who asked “not a big guy will that impact his draft ranking, the belief amongst scouts is Hughes will always have difficulty defending due to his size”

TTs answer: “that’ll depend on the org philosophy, he’s a very dynamic Dman who drives offense, but his size impact defending in his end,”

BTW - re: Kotkaniemi’s lack of pace. He apparently had ACL surgery 1-year back, and is only starting to gain his stride back.

another chuck

lovely

Disagree with Hughes . His ability to move the puck and great wheels allows us to exit our zone quicker .

Krug was dynamite in the playoffs and positionally sound . Hughes has better upside .

Spurgeon, Barrie , etc... have survived

Rafalski albeit more stocky survived and thrived in the days off whacking and hacking

I think its a smoke screen to downplay Hughes

Didnt know the Finn had ACL surgery , luckily he is young enough to recover.

Timmins really didn't seem to want to discuss Zadina much...even said ''next question'' to avoid talking too much.

He however took all his time talking about Kotkaniemi and Tkatchuk

I say Zadina but now there is talk we might trade the 3rd for O'Reilly so it might all be moot.

such a stupid move if they do that...

ROR is a salary dump, no matter how Sabres spin this, it's a salary dump.....no way you send the #3 overall unless you're getting an actual #1 center, not a #2 like ROR

such a stupid move if they do that...

ROR is a salary dump, no matter how Sabres spin this, it's a salary dump.....no way you send the #3 overall unless you're getting an actual #1 center, not a #2 like ROR

preach it brother

it would be the most retarded of Bergevin's series of retarded moves

I voted Brady Tkatchuk.

But I would vote Zadina also......

Zadina will have the fastest impact, but Tkatchuk seems like a beast, hard to pass on a player that could potentially be a Jamie Benn (not saying he'll reach that potential, but the tools are all there).

Back