• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

The last deal was his " shit I almost lost my head by Chara " contract . He took a fair contract for 6 years when he was not a finished product and in the new CBA time frame .

All I am saying is this new NHL of going younger and teams reluctant to hand out term to aging vets the last few years is a major gamble .

Who would you rather play with ...Kopitar or Carter as your center with Doughty on the back end or Dano with a bunch of slugs on your top 9

We got tremendous value most of that contract. He should have been paid 7 million over most of the contract and we got him for 4.5. Can't blame him for wanting the most he can get, NMC etc

If I'm him I would probably hold out until I'm traded. The risk of injuries and the likely hood of a poor season given the roster is little incentive to start the season.

he has no basis to hold out, he has a contract he has to honour. He would also be walking away from 4.5 million.

He has said though that if the teams strips the C from him, he won't play.

We got tremendous value most of that contract. He should have been paid 7 million over most of the contract and we got him for 4.5. Can't blame him for wanting the most he can get, NMC etc

No... he should of played on 1 year deals and get his 7 mil when available

You want term security its a risk on both sides but the player never loses ....paid regardless of performance

Is Corry Perry going to pay the Ducks back half his remaining salary for being a barely 20 goal scorer making 8.25

You want term security its a risk on both sides but the player never loses ....paid regardless of performance

Is Corry Perry going to pay the Ducks back half his remaining salary for being a barely 20 goal scorer making 8.25
Look I get you an owners side guy but we got a huge benefit from that deal.

Dunno, he has a coach and GM that hates him, and no center to play with. I'd hold out and demand a trade, it's better for him on his last year. However, I don't think he will do it.

Dunno, he has a coach and GM that hates him, and no center to play with. I'd hold out and demand a trade, it's better for him on his last year. However, I don't think he will do it.

Agreed , its best if we part ways in some format

Look I get you an owners side guy but we got a huge benefit from that deal.

I am not on anyone`s side at all

When players sign long term deals they do it first and foremost to get financial security .

We got good value , he good good money .

Its like 31 he took the money and deal with the team issues later with 84 mil in cheques .

Don't mention Perry.....it might give Bergy some ideas

I am not on anyone`s side at all

When players sign long term deals they do it first and foremost to get financial security .

We got good value , he good good money .

Its like 31 he took the money and deal with the team issues later with 84 mil in cheques .

for someone who is not on anyone's side, you certainly always seem to be on our management's side in dealings with players and with the owners in dealing with the PA

ask yourself, would you expect a general who is busted down to Private to accept it willingly and lead the forces out of the trench?

Lead them? No.

But would I expect a general bumped down to private to grab their rifle and go out with the other privates and do their job? Hell yes.

I might be the only one, but I think MaxPac will get re-signed.

(That is not what I would do, but alas, I'm not the one making decisions).

If I was going to trade him, I'd try to get a top-13 pick this year. Retain half the salary if necessary.

what about a top 13 pick last year?
:p

Back