• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

Well conversely, Weber will be worth a heck of a lot more when he returns. Teams knew Weber had issues with his foot and knee already, that isn't new. When he returns and IF shows he's fine his stock will skyrocket.

This is true, but I think the bold is important.

You also have to remember that he's old and has a horrible contract that still goes for another 7 years. There are risks with Weber going forward. As a GM you need to weigh the good with the bad when it comes to a player like Weber.

This is true, but I think the bold is important.

You also have to remember that he's old and has a horrible contract that still goes for another 7 years. There are risks with Weber going forward. As a GM you need to weigh the good with the bad when it comes to a player like Weber.

The cap recapture penalty on Nashville makes his contact less problematic and he doesnt have a trade clause .

Its simply getting back to health and proving he can still be a quality D man

The biggest issue is this regime willing to eat humble pie and make a deal

The cap recapture penalty on Nashville makes his contact less problematic and he doesnt have a trade clause .

Its simply getting back to health and proving he can still be a quality D man

The biggest issue is this regime willing to eat humble pie and make a deal

We know all of this already. Thanks.

Yeah, webers contract isn't bad especially in terms of actual salary and the cap isn't too bad in the era of 11 million dollar contracts.

The Max Pacioretty debacle is just the latest example of the confrontational management style of Marc Bergevin.

The astonishing thing is that Patches is the fifth straight Canadiens star with whom GM Bergevin has picked a fight. Is this any way to run a professional sports franchise — to publicly squabble with your top talent?

But that’s exactly what Bergevin has been doing. He had testy tussles with four key Habs prior to Pacioretty, starting with a fellow named P.K. Subban and continuing through his wars of words with Andrei Markov, Alexander Radulov and Alex Galchenyuk.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/what-the-puck-max-pacioretty-latest-target-of-gms-strong-arm-tactics

His way or the highway management.

Very old school and something that generally doesn’t play well with athletes.

It's funny how ever since Max hired that yapping mutt Alan Walsh to be his agent, all of these reports have come out about him. Considering this management group is notoriously tight-lipped...

For an organization that's trying to "Trade him ASAP", they sure are taking their time, huh?

I'd be very surprised if there was a trade this summer.

I still can't believe MB is around. How this is even possible???
What else he needs to do more to damage more this organization untill they show him the door? I am in Montreal right now and none of my hockey buddies give a fcuk about Habs anymore

I mean, seriously!! This is not even a joke. This incompetence management can't even tank properly and by managements i include Molson as well.
It is just sad, very sad. I don't know i still had enthousasim following this team during misreable late 90s years but somehow i lost it all. Maybe back to time i was much younger and still naive as fan, i don't know...

I still can't believe MB is around. How this is even possible???
What else he needs to do more to damage more this organization untill they show him the door? I am in Montreal right now and none of my hockey buddies give a fcuk about Habs anymore

I mean, seriously!! This is not even a joke. This incompetence management can't even tank properly and by managements i include Molson as well.
It is just sad, very sad. I don't know i still had enthousasim following this team during misreable late 90s years but somehow i lost it all. Maybe back to time i was much younger and still naive as fan, i don't know...

I used to watch every game. I'd go to bars and eat and watch games with my friends. The fad is done. It sucks because we are bad and we are still years away from getting our farm system to be a top 10. Even after this draft, I still see us as bottom 5. MB has a job because he signed a contract extension. It's hard to do everything wrong, so I give him credit for that.

I used to watch every game. I'd go to bars and eat and watch games with my friends. The fad is done. It sucks because we are bad and we are still years away from getting our farm system to be a top 10. Even after this draft, I still see us as bottom 5. MB has a job because he signed a contract extension. It's hard to do everything wrong, so I give him credit for that.

He has sucked for sure but he has had a pretty good off season, Got to give a little credit for that.

I don’t see this offseason as “pretty good”.

He’s completely blown the Pacioretty situation.

Traded a 30 goal scorer for a 9 goal scorer.

Couldn’t even get an audience with the highest profile FA to come along in decades.

Still hasn’t really addressed the C and LD issue.

Picked up a 3rd liner in Armia touting it as some coup.

Sorry but I don’t see this past summer as productive. The only silver lining is the draft and the jury is still out on that one.

Back