• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

McGuire recently said on TSN 690 that he knows a couple of teams that really wanted Max badly, but MB was asking way too much.

I hear that one one end by then I heard rumors about what the teams were offering and it feels like we're getting low-balled.

I hear that one one end by then I heard rumors about what the teams were offering and it feels like we're getting low-balled.

Turnip head probably went for the jugular and failed .

The RMD trade was what I was expecting , or a decent top 6 and a first rounder .

The Lucic type was a home run at that time but the optics have changed for vets near UFA .

My issue is we waited 1 year too late for a better return .

It`s one thing hanging on a vet like JVR and letting him walk when the Leafs had a legit chance of winning the division .

67 had no bearing on our success and we were not winning squat with our without him .

Totally poor asset management on our part , knowing this day was coming of pay up or shut up .

Turnip head probably went for the jugular and failed .

The RMD trade was what I was expecting , or a decent top 6 and a first rounder .

The Lucic type was a home run at that time but the optics have changed for vets near UFA .

My issue is we waited 1 year too late for a better return .

It`s one thing hanging on a vet like JVR and letting him walk when the Leafs had a legit chance of winning the division .

67 had no bearing on our success and we were not winning squat with our without him .

Totally poor asset management on our part , knowing this day was coming of pay up or shut up .

Still a bit weird, even with a year left he should normally have plenty of value but there is plenty of options this summer so this is a buyer market. He might have to hold on to Max until the deadline but that's risky too because if we're close to the playoffs, he will probably hold on to him.

Still a bit weird, even with a year left he should normally have plenty of value but there is plenty of options this summer so this is a buyer market. He might have to hold on to Max until the deadline but that's risky too because if we're close to the playoffs, he will probably hold on to him.

We've screwed-up banking-in on almost every high value player we've had....all the way back to Patrick Roy: Koivu, Kovalev, Souray, Radulov, Markov....and now, we will not get a decent return on a perennial 30-35 goal scorer.

If Molson/Bergevin knew all along they weren't going to extend Max for 8 years, don't hold on to him, just trade him already. We should have pulled the deal this past season

Sorry for the double post, forgot about this dedicated thread.

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
As me and @TheFourthPeriod leave Vegas and head towards Dallas.....Don’t count the Kings out on Max Pacioretty.
13:06 - 21 juin 2018 · Enterprise, NV

My gut feelng tells me he ends up with the Kings and we end up with Muzzin

I might be the only one, but I think MaxPac will get re-signed.

(That is not what I would do, but alas, I'm not the one making decisions).

If I was going to trade him, I'd try to get a top-13 pick this year. Retain half the salary if necessary.

I might be the only one, but I think MaxPac will get re-signed.

(That is not what I would do, but alas, I'm not the one making decisions).

If I was going to trade him, I'd try to get a top-13 pick this year. Retain half the salary if necessary.

yep

How about something along these lines.

Max, 3rd overall, and either Petry or some 2nds.

For

10th overall and Leon from the oilers!!

Last edited:
My gut feelng tells me he ends up with the Kings and we end up with Muzzin

There is rumors his agent is talking to LA about contract stuff. I was not expecting a D in return although we do need one badly to play with Weber. Who would we have left to get a
C???

I am in Hab Max trade pool that we have to hand in by noon

5 Hab fans $ 20 each , winner takes all

Criteria as follows :

Date of trade : I say Saturday

Team : I say Buffalo

Details : ROR for Max and highest of our seconds ...Buffalo eats 1.5 mil as we pay bonus

Picks involved : I say 1 second

Trade valid only til July 1 and voided afterwards

Back