• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

he's leaving as a 1 year rental, don't be silly.
Yep. Sell him now or at the deadline. Either way should bring us a decent enough return. Only way it doesn't is if he shits the bed the first half of the year or gets hurt.

Anyways, for him, he should want to get dealt. Odds are whichever team he goes to will do better than we Do, and he'll put up more points. Should give him a better deal when he hits FA.

I thought he had one, if he does not then the Habs are lucky he does not have one. He can still affect the Habs’s return by refusing to resign with anyone that trades for him. They will get low balled on offers and will be forced to take the best offer available offer at the trade deadline. What does Bergevin get fired?

I thought he had one, if he does not then the Habs are lucky he does not have one. He can still affect the Habs’s return by refusing to resign with anyone that trades for him. They will get low balled on offers and will be forced to take the best offer available offer at the trade deadline. What does Bergevin get fired?

Teams will try to low-ball, sure. But someone is not going to be able to resist the allure of bringing in a perennial 30+ goal scorer on a really cheap deal. Especially if we retain money on him, he'll be virtually free for someone at the deadline. Some capped out team is going to be willing to pay for that.

Bergevin should still be fired, though. That we're all in agreement on.

Only Price, Petry, and Alzner have NTC clauses of some sort.

Teams will try to low-ball, sure. But someone is not going to be able to resist the allure of bringing in a perennial 30+ goal scorer on a really cheap deal. Especially if we retain money on him, he'll be virtually free for someone at the deadline. Some capped out team is going to be willing to pay for that.

Bergevin should still be fired, though. That we're all in agreement on.

Actually right now he finally got it going correctly. Max has very little leverage. We trade him for what we can get now or at the deadline. That is of coarse if this article has any truth to it. We have no control over other teams and how long they want to extend him.

Best case scenario for all parties is that Max has a great season, easily on pace for a 35 goals season, while the Habs have a mediocre season. There would be a betting war for his services at the deadline.

Best case scenario for all parties is that Max has a great season, easily on pace for a 35 goals season, while the Habs have a mediocre season. There would be a betting war for his services at the deadline.

A good season will not help the team. Trade his ass now hopefully

A good season will not help the team. Trade his ass now hopefully

Pacioretty and Cole both had over 30 goals in 2011-12 when we finished 3rd last. Gallagher had 30 goals last year. With the defense we have, we can easily lose even if some of our forwards are scoring.

Pacioretty and Cole both had over 30 goals in 2011-12 when we finished 3rd last. Gallagher had 30 goals last year. With the defense we have, we can easily lose even if some of our forwards are scoring.

Watch these buggers overachieve and botch everything up

Nope since teams will wait to sign him for free just like Tavares. He needs to be traded sooner. Can’t wait for the end of the season and lose him for nothing.

Nope since teams will wait to sign him for free just like Tavares. He needs to be traded sooner. Can’t wait for the end of the season and lose him for nothing.

Teams will want a goal scorer at the deadline for the playoffs. There is 0% chance we don't trade him then if we're not in playoff position.

Actually I'm more worried about him posting a .945% next year and carrying us into the playoffs for a first round exit.

Actually I'm more worried about him posting a .945% next year and carrying us into the playoffs for a first round exit.

Domi has a better chance of scoring 30 than this . IMO 31 is done as an elite MVP caliber goalie .

Team stinks , injury prone , and mentally he looked like he mailed it in in some games .

Back