Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 233

Thread: Pacioretty

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    amazing how salary caps never seem to be a problem for other teams
    Sure when you are a destination for UFA`s , trading players waive trade clauses , etc....

    Doesnt apply to us

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Pipe dream.
    Metaxa again

  3. #23
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Pipe dream.
    What’s there to look forward to without dream & hope?

    Good luck to Lou in finding a potential 40-goal wing for JT and a veteran puck moving top-4 w size for this season for a combined less than $10M cap hit


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    What’s there to look forward to without dream & hope?

    Good luck to Lou in finding a potential 40-goal wing for JT and a veteran puck moving top-4 w size for this season for a combined less than $10M cap hit
    They can score , their top 9 is solid .

    With 2 lottery picks ...they can easily land 2 quality D kids .

    Your offer requires Snow on crack and he is gone.

  5. #25
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    They can score , their top 9 is solid .

    With 2 lottery picks ...they can easily land 2 quality D kids .

    Your offer requires Snow on crack and he is gone.
    Lou’s going to be 76, he doesn’t care about he future / “quality kids”, if that team even has a future with no rink in site, he’s there’s to win now.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Lou’s going to be 76, he doesn’t care about he future / “quality kids”, if that team even has a future with no rink in site, he’s there’s to win now.
    He isnt built to win with that team , best is one and done playoff round

  7. #27
    Legend Habs53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    15,290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    My prediction: Max gets traded and we lose the trade.
    Well,our need for a C is so bad that maybe this time losing a bit may be okay. ROR is very rugged player and would be a good addition.

  8. #28
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    He isnt built to win with that team , best is one and done playoff round
    Ledecky & Malkin want to win now to help the effort on Belmont Park and the new arena.

    On a side note, If your boss says win now, it doesn’t matter what you’re built to do, you march towards winning now. Business and fandom tend to be mutually exclusive a lot of times


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs53 View Post
    Well,our need for a C is so bad that maybe this time losing a bit may be okay. ROR is very rugged player and would be a good addition.
    straight up and Buffalo picks up 1.5 mil

  10. #30
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    68,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    amazing how salary caps never seem to be a problem for other teams
    big problem for the hawks
    problem for the oilers
    ...

  11. #31
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Sorry for the double post, forgot about this dedicated thread.

    Dennis Bernstein
    @DennisTFP
    As me and @TheFourthPeriod leave Vegas and head towards Dallas.....Don’t count the Kings out on Max Pacioretty.
    13:06 - 21 juin 2018 · Enterprise, NV


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  12. #32
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    65,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    big problem for the hawks
    problem for the oilers
    They figure it out. We are salary cap girly men.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  13. #33
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    68,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    They figure it out. We are salary cap girly men.
    they were both as bad as us
    they did not figure it out at all

    in the hawks case they had to trade away good young players that they could not afford to sign because they have anchors like seabrook and to a lesser extent toews
    ...

  14. #34
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    68,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    habs are not salary cap girly men as they gave price an overpayment
    decided there was no cap when they signed alzner

    and of course we have weber signed at a big amount for the next 28 years
    ...

  15. #35
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    habs are not salary cap girly men as they gave price an overpayment
    decided there was no cap when they signed alzner

    and of course we have weber signed at a big amount for the next 28 years
    We also paid Cap Space 8 million last season, people forget about that too.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  16. #36
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    I have no idea what Pacioretty is worth. Never seen so much polarization in terms of evaluating his worth. All I know, MB has been asking too much up to now and will have to back down a bit on his demands.

  17. #37
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    65,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    We also paid Cap Space 8 million last season, people forget about that too.
    He scored a lot for us last yr
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  18. #38
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    I have no idea what Pacioretty is worth. Never seen so much polarization in terms of evaluating his worth. All I know, MB has been asking too much up to now and will have to back down a bit on his demands.
    Or maybe not, like in UFA, just need one desperate team..

    Here’s to hoping Uncle Lou is channeling his inner Corey Schneider for top-10 pick.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  19. #39
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    McGuire recently said on TSN 690 that he knows a couple of teams that really wanted Max badly, but MB was asking way too much.

  20. #40
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pacioretty

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    McGuire recently said on TSN 690 that he knows a couple of teams that really wanted Max badly, but MB was asking way too much.
    we were trying to trade Max to us

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •