• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Jesperi Kotkaniemi

You haven’t been impressed by a kid that just turned 18 four months ago and is holding his own in the NHL?

I think the problem you have is that you’re not watching the games and basing your assessment on stats.

Sure his stats aren’t standing out but he does alot of good things in each game he plays

This is a loaded question.

First off, you competely ignored the main point of my post, but whatever.

With that said - am I impressed that JK is in the NHL and only looks lost sometimes as an 18 year old? Of course I am.

Am I impressed with him at the same level as I have been with the other 18 year olds I have seen play in the NHL? No, i'm not.

Does my opinion or your opinion really matter? No.

Also, what are you talking about? I've watched every game.

Also, FYI - his advanced stats are solid. That was a really bad post Donnie.

I have't been impressed by JK.

Would JK be dominating junior like Suzuki is?

If the answer is "No - JK wouldn't be dominating like Suzuki is because Suzuki is a year older" than the next question would be; Why isn't Suzuki on the Habs instead of JK?

I'm not sure if they are handling JK correctly.

I believe that JK probably would be dominating junior.

Unfortunately Suzuki isn't dominating junior right now. It's still really early so there's a ton of time for him to start, but through 8 games his production is way down from the previous 2 seasons.

If he is amongst the top 9 forwards he should stay. The default position should be, if you are amongst the top 9, stay.

Not sure how you think he can bulk up playing in Laval or in a fourth tier league. From what I have seen, the Finnish team is shit so not only will he be in a lesser league, he will play with lesser players.

We can't afford to **** this one up and keeping him here Ducharme, Bouchard (close by), Muller is certainly better than 10000km away in a crappier league.

More time to hit the gym in Finland....more free time

Unfortunately Suzuki isn't dominating junior right now. It's still really early so there's a ton of time for him to start, but through 8 games his production is way down from the previous 2 seasons.

I remember a great segment by Ray Ferraro on TSN 690 the day after Suzuki was sent down and this talk of now needing to dominate junior came up.

He said he has seen several first rounders go back to junior for their final year and not put up better stats than previous years for a multitude of reasons such as obvious ones like starting the junior year late because they were still at an NHL camp, having to play at the WJC and other readons such as being asked to focus on being more complete players or learning a new position.

I don’t think it would be fair to say Suzuki isn’t dominant in junior if he doesn’t produce as much as last year, he will likely be a better hockey player after this year if he’s working on other aspects of his game

This is a loaded question.

First off, you competely ignored the main point of my post, but whatever.

With that said - am I impressed that JK is in the NHL and only looks lost sometimes as an 18 year old? Of course I am.

Am I impressed with him at the same level as I have been with the other 18 year olds I have seen play in the NHL? No, i'm not.

Does my opinion or your opinion really matter? No.

Also, what are you talking about? I've watched every game.

Also, FYI - his advanced stats are solid. That was a really bad post Donnie.

I’ll be brief and just say you’re the one who said you’re not impressed by JK

Not really making things up.

Doesn't Suzuki have 17 points in 10 games?

Lost a point somewhere, looks like it's 16 in 10, including eight in his last three games. Hopefully that keeps up.

Back