• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Funny, I loved Venice, but my experience was a bit different than most as it was neither crowded or stinky. I guess I got lucky.

Venice and Amalfi I wouldn't go back.....i've seen them, no use in going back. Amalfi is mostly the drive that's nice....cliffhanger-type of drive.

Florence and Rome I would redo time and time again...always fun, great food (if you know where to go eat), amazing museums...

I've been there 3 times and it smelled rank all three times. You did get lucky.

I must have also got lucky.
No smell for me.

Though the fog the night I arrived was insane....like out of a horror movie.

I must have also got lucky.
No smell for me.

Though the fog the night I arrived was insane....like out of a horror movie.

Smell was a major factor for us....as well as lots of ''non-italians'' harassing you at every corner to sell you fake bags/accessories.....Rome was also bad in that regard

Smell was a major factor for us....as well as lots of ''non-italians'' harassing you at every corner to sell you fake bags/accessories.....Rome was also bad in that regard

So is Athens. IT's predominant now in many European cities.

i went in october of last year

never had any of those issues

i do not recall anybody trying to sell me stuff

Funny, I loved Venice, but my experience was a bit different than most as it was neither crowded or stinky. I guess I got lucky.

This time we were basically on a floating hotel in the lagoon on our river cruise boat. I didn't find it stinky but it was crowded in the daytime. Going to St Mark's at night was nice, no crowds and you could see the flooding starting.

I only saw one black guy trying to sell knock off bags this time. I did see a ton of Gypsies. In Milan it was hilarious. The rain started and within 2 minutes, the Gypsies had double the prices on the umbrellas.

Venice and Amalfi I wouldn't go back.....i've seen them, no use in going back. Amalfi is mostly the drive that's nice....cliffhanger-type of drive.

Florence and Rome I would redo time and time again...always fun, great food (if you know where to go eat), amazing museums...

I've done all 4. I would definitely go back to Tuscany and explore the countryside a bit more. Loved Florence.

I like Amalfi and wouldn't mind going back again but it's no longer a must.

Rome and Venice I'm good, been there done that, but my wife didn't so maybe I'll revisit with her. Rome was great for the historical aspect but otherwise I didn't like it as much. I probably had the worse Italian food of my whole Italy trip there and definitely the worse Italian attitude. Everywhere else Italians were super nice, especially Florence and Napoli, but Romans not so much. Well except for that server that one night... :)

Back