• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-2019 Montreal Canadiens

CaptainBolduke

Well, here we are folks. The draft is over, and with the signing period about to start (players go damn fast in the NHL) - we will soon know exactly what the team will look like in in Sept/Oct. Sure a trade could happen over the next couple weeks, but after that nothing substantive usually happens.

Currently the lineup looks like this:

Pacioretty/Drouin/Gallagher
Domi/Danault/Lehkonen
Byron/De La Rose/Scherbak
Shaw/Froese/Hudon

Carr/Deslauriers/etc/etc/etc

Weber/Petry
Alzner/Mete
Benn/Juulsen
Reilly/Schlemko

Price
Niemi

So yeah - as of right now we have a one of the worst teams in the NHL, but some changes will occur over the next couple weeks. Everyone knows that my opinion is that we stay the course and continue to rack up good draft picks. We simply have too many holes to take a run at the Stanley Cup currently.

Let's see how this plays out.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a line up.....looking at that makes me believe that all of Pacioretty, Price and Weber will no longer be on this team for the long term. Question is when do they trade them, this summer, trade deadline?

But holy crap batman….we won't be able to sign enough free agents to ice a competitor....

i am thinking we will have the Cap Space twins this year to rival the sedin twins

Wow, that's quite a line up.....looking at that makes me believe that all of Pacioretty, Price and Weber will no longer be on this team for the long term. Question is when do they trade them, this summer, trade deadline?

But holy crap batman….we won't be able to sign enough free agents to ice a competitor....

Price is young enough that he can wait out a 2-3 year rebuild. I would certainly trade Weber. Max is a given to be gone by the trade deadline, and likely much sooner.

my fear is that we overpay for second tier talent this offseason

i am fine going into this season like this

then look to trade max and byron

Price is young enough that he can wait out a 2-3 year rebuild. I would certainly trade Weber. Max is a given to be gone by the trade deadline, and likely much sooner.

June 25, 2018 --- the day Krusty and Bolduke became one person.

I've been saying this exact line on here for 10 months.

June 25, 2018 --- the day Krusty and Bolduke became one person.

I've been saying this exact line on here for 10 months.

Sooner or later everyone was going to come around to the light.

I mean, this org is only going to get worse in the near future, not better, and that only really leaves one course of action.

Tavares being sane and not even considering montreal probably helps as well. Hopefully stastny does likewise.

Sooner or later everyone was going to come around to the light.

I mean, this org is only going to get worse in the near future, not better, and that only really leaves one course of action.

Tavares being sane and not even considering montreal probably helps as well. Hopefully stastny does likewise.

You forget that I live in the city that just went trough the most extreme tank job ever by a professional sports franchise?

Well, here we are folks. The draft is over, and with the signing period about to start (players go damn fast in the NHL) - we will soon know exactly what the team will look like in in Sept/Oct. Sure a trade could happen over the next couple weeks, but after that nothing substantive usually happens.

Currently the lineup looks like this:

Pacioretty/Drouin/Gallagher
Domi/Danault/Lehkonen
Byron/De La Rose/Scherbak
Shaw/Froese/Hudon

Carr/Deslauriers/etc/etc/etc

Weber/Petry
Alzner/Mete
Benn/Juulsen
Reilly/Schlemko

Price
Niemi

So yeah - as of right now we have a one of the worst teams in the NHL, but some changes will occur over the next couple weeks. Everyone knows that my opinion is that we stay the course and continue to rack up good draft picks. We simply have too many holes to take a run at the Stanley Cup currently.

Let's see how this plays out.

I would not mind some more high draft pics again next year but we have the funds to get a C a scoring winger and help at D. Probably Fk up a high pick.

“We’re going to suck on purpose for the next 5 seasons; come back after we’re done.”

in truth, it's much better than saying "we are going to suck by accident and make moves to win now, and in 5 years we will try to lose on purpose, so come back in 10 years after we are done."

Is there anyone in the UFA list that even make sense for us? It seems to me like we should pretty much ignore all those guys. Maybe Grabner for some goal scoring depth?

Is there anyone in the UFA list that even make sense for us? It seems to me like we should pretty much ignore all those guys. Maybe Grabner for some goal scoring depth?

It’s fine to sign these guys to short term deals. We have tons of cap space. The problem happens if you give any of these guys term. That would be dumb.

Back