• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2018

but hey if it helps us get Hughes

That's the thing...I think he would help just enough that with a healthy Price and Weber, you're a bubble team. I know that we all love to rip on Bozak in leafland, but he's not a bad hockey player, just an incomplete one. If you can shelter him from the tough matchups and give him a bit of skill to work with he's a 50+ point centre who is great on draws. Really solid on the PP as well. I don't think (m)any of us really hate or dislike Bozak, he's just not a guy that we need anymore and his inability to play against anything aside from butter soft competition has worn out it's usefulness in Toronto because Matthews-Kadri and Nylander is a natural centre (not to mention the whole JT saga going on right now). We just don't need him in the organization anymore, he would be the 4th best centre on the roster.

He would actually help that mess you guys have going on at the centre position though.

That's the thing...I think he would help just enough that with a healthy Price and Weber, you're a bubble team. I know that we all love to rip on Bozak in leafland, but he's not a bad hockey player, just an incomplete one. If you can shelter him from the tough matchups and give him a bit of skill to work with he's a 50+ point centre who is great on draws. Really solid on the PP as well. I don't think (m)any of us really hate or dislike Bozak, he's just not a guy that we need anymore and his inability to play against anything aside from butter soft competition has worn out it's usefulness in Toronto because Matthews-Kadri and Nylander is a natural centre (not to mention the whole JT saga going on right now). We just don't need him in the organization anymore, he would be the 4th best centre on the roster.

He would actually help that mess you guys have going on at the centre position though.

habs hated chuck for being like that so i doubt they give up real money for bozak

habs hated chuck for being like that so i doubt they give up real money for bozak

Oh, I definitely think Stastny is the top choice for mistake contract given out by MB this summer, if he strikes out on that though, or has 4-5 million left over, they'll give Mr Bozak a call. I don't think the AG situation really applies here, your org just didn't see him as a centre (I disagree, but I'm not part of your org). Bozak, whatever his flaws are, is absolutely a centre and at least an okay one at that. He's just not a guy you want facing tough competition on any sort of a regular basis

Max-Stastny-Gallagher
Drouin-Bozak-Byron
Domi-Danault-Shaw/Lehkonen

Would be a pretty massive upgrade over your top 9 last year. It's not how I would build my team (**** you guys need a strip down and rebuild), but if the goal is to sneak into a wild card spot or challenge for 3rd in the division, there are worse ways to attempt it than that. Add a LHD and you might be a 95-100 point team if Price stops falling apart and Weber is healthy.

Oh, I definitely think Stastny is the top choice for mistake contract given out by MB this summer, if he strikes out on that though, or has 4-5 million left over, they'll give Mr Bozak a call. I don't think the AG situation really applies here, your org just didn't see him as a centre (I disagree, but I'm not part of your org). Bozak, whatever his flaws are, is absolutely a centre and at least an okay one at that. He's just not a guy you want facing tough competition on any sort of a regular basis

Max-Stastny-Gallagher
Drouin-Bozak-Byron

Would be a pretty massive upgrade over your top 9 last year. It's not how I would build my team (**** you guys need a strip down and rebuild), but if the goal is to sneak into a wild card spot or challenge for 3rd in the division, there are worse ways to attempt it than that. Add a LHD and you might be a 95-100 point team if Price stops falling apart and Weber is healthy.

like chuck

that said i take bozak over alzner

not what i would do either but meh

i also do not expect weber to come into the season healthy

Max-Stastny-Gallagher
Drouin-Bozak-Byron

If 31 has .960 SV % we will be a 95 point team

As I mentioned in the other thread, sounds like the Penguins are going to sign Jack Johnson with the savings from the Sheary/Hunwick trade.

If 31 has .960 SV % we will be a 95 point team

With Drouin-Danault-Pleks as your top 3 centres, I agree. Splash some cash up the middle on Stastny and Bozak and I disagree.

Your 1-2 centre "punch" of Drouin-Danault is so incredibly far behind everyone else in the division with legitimate playoff hopes. You need those two to outplay a few of Stamkos-Point, Matthews-Kadri, Bergeron-Krejci, Barkov-Trochek to sneak into a playoff spot.

In theory you should be good in net. In theory your RHD is very strong. That's 2 of the 3 most difficult spots to improve that could/should be good enough to make the playoffs. But you're a complete mess up the middle.

As I mentioned in the other thread, sounds like the Penguins are going to sign Jack Johnson with the savings from the Sheary/Hunwick trade.

Done 5 yr deal...we wont be acquiring another albatross Dman.

Last edited:
With Drouin-Danault-Pleks as your top 3 centres, I agree. Splash some cash up the middle on Stastny and Bozak and I disagree.

Your 1-2 centre "punch" of Drouin-Danault is so incredibly far behind everyone else in the division with legitimate playoff hopes. You need those two to outplay a few of Stamkos-Point, Matthews-Kadri, Bergeron-Krejci, Barkov-Trochek to sneak into a playoff spot.

In theory you should be good in net. In theory your RHD is very strong. That's 2 of the 3 most difficult spots to improve that could/should be good enough to make the playoffs. But you're a complete mess up the middle.

We can`t pay Stastny and Bozak term ( they are both ok ) to this mess we have .

Its a shit show from top to bottom .

We need to stop that hamster wheel of mediocrity from spinning . 6 years with Nero and we are worse now .

Unless Bozak or PS buy into 2 years deals forget it .

Done...we wont acquire another albatross Dman.

yeah, Johnson would have been a bad signing. You guys just need a stop gap LHD who can not embarrass himself on the 2nd pair. I don't have the fancy stats in front of me right now, but something like Enstrom, Moore, etc. Just a guy who can move the puck and help Petry be a stead 2nd pair.

Then fire Benn out of a cannon. Roll with Mete on the 3rd pair.

We can`t keep paying Stastny and Bozak ( they are both ok ) types to this mess we have .

We need to stop that hamster wheel of mediocrity from spinning . 6 years with Nero and we are worse now .

Unless Bozak or PS buy into 2 years deals forget it .

Well, I start any post I write about what the Habs should do from the standpoint of "Rebuild, but I know Molson/MB won't so here's what is reasonably available to you for the best team possible to be put on the ice right now with what you have to work with"

So yes, you need to stop this nonsense, but they won't, so I'm just dealing in the reality of the situation for the sake of conversation. Bozak is probably gettable on a 3 yr deal. I can't see anymore going deeper than that for him. Maybe, maybe 2 if the market is soft for him (unlikely imo...he plays a competent centre and that's always at a premium).

Well, I start any post I write about what the Habs should do from the standpoint of "Rebuild, but I know Molson/MB won't so here's what is reasonably available to you for the best team possible to be put on the ice right now with what you have to work with"

So yes, you need to stop this nonsense, but they won't, so I'm just dealing in the reality of the situation for the sake of conversation. Bozak is probably gettable on a 3 yr deal. I can't see anymore going deeper than that for him. Maybe, maybe 2 if the market is soft for him (unlikely imo...he plays a competent centre and that's always at a premium).

I agree ME but it`s nauseating watching this circus for over a decade and Gravol only helps to a point .

Your Leafs finally saw the light and I am sure you fans were happier than a pig in shit when the rebuild was announced in full force .

As mentioned before if we only were half ass efficient in personnel moves over the last decade we arent in this mess .

Nothing or near zilch to show for Pleks , Markov , Souray, Komisarek , Kovalev, etc....

Waited too long to trade Max and didnt get youth for PK .

Easily 6-8 first rounders pissed away plus other assets .

We aren't seriously getting Roussel, are we ?

Can we please just play kids from our farm team instead....if you're not gonna sign a top 6 forward or top 4 dmen, just play kids from our system

We aren't seriously getting Roussel, are we ?

Can we please just play kids from our farm team instead....if you're not gonna sign a top 6 forward or top 4 dmen, just play kids from our system

well if you want to buy season tickets for an ECHL team....

jd

Something to ponder :

Just how soft is Creampuff Matthews ?

Bartender another Sam's !

A bientot!

Done 5 yr deal...we wont be acquiring another albatross Dman.

Everybody’s favourite rumour monger, Eklund, is saying the Habs are not out of the running for Jack Johnson yet. He claims the Pittsburgh offer is for 3 years and the Habs are willing to do a 4 year deal.

Back